Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys at the Stadium

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shame, they used to sponsor village cricket as well. King & Barnes was West Sussex, Harveys was East Sussex, would have been good to see them both at the Amex.

Yes indeed. Horsham has a few micro-breweries now that make some quality products.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
This is deffo a worse scandal than Gus leaving. We need to petition Mr Barber.:dunce::flounce:

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind a nice pint or three of directors before the game.:drink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If it were up to me I'd have Darkstar's FESTIVAL 5.0% as the bitter available, it's their version of King & Barnes FESTIVE. Very nice drop.

Plus their APA 4.7% for the Pale Ale drinkers, or Long Mans LONG BLONDE 3.8% if something lighter was preferred.

Don't go talking sense on a thread revolving around Harvey's, people on here are quite sensitive about their Lewes Lager.

If if goes, it will be replaced by the company that can supply the required quantity at the lowest price giving the club the maximum mark up. Taste will have nothing to do with it, as I mentioned in a thread on Sussex 20/20, you can expect an exclusive( ie ubiquitous ) beer from a brewer that is ultra bland.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Got any figures to support that, and that goes for the poster you replied to also.

There is a thread linked on this thread, Harveys is the second highest selling drink with fosters only just pipping it by 5000 pints/bottles over a year. 140,000 fosters to 135,000 Harvey's. compare that to only 40,000 Heineken and 70,000 Kronenborg.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If this is true and not a massively successful wind-up then there will be trouble ahead.

I'm sure you're right. On a purely personal political (if the UKIP connection is true) and taste level I already prefer a few of those to Harveys Sussex.
The fact that Nigel Farage was on the telly the other week drinking a pint of Harvey's means nothing other than the fact that he was in a pub that sells it. That was no more a sponsorship deal than is the sight of Bozza's fist around a pint of Strongbow.

Are you seriously suggesting that somehow the Harveys dropped off to below that of Heineken? If anything I'm sure Harveys has overtaken fosters since the east upper opened. It's all anyone seems to drink up there.

I'm not seriously suggesting anything of the sort, I'm suggesting that people posting that sales were down and somebody else refuting it is pure guesswork without the figures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here