Harveys at the Stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It will affect the pre and post match habbits. Expect the transport to get much worse!

Not for me, I expect I'll be INSIDE the stadium drinking while the Real Ale Martyrs are queuing outside in the rain.

That's not cutting off you nose to spite your face, that's cutting off your nose, exfoliating with sulphuric acid and chewing razor blades to spite your face.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lots of people complained about the "Customers not fans" business, this is just another step.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Pleeeeese let this be true!!

If it is a load of bollocks, BAN DAVE!

I stand by it 100%
but if I am banned then so be it. I do not post anything that is speculation.....apart from Forlan which I was convinced was a goer...lol

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It will affect the pre and post match habbits. Expect the transport to get much worse!

Will improve it for me. Not that I've ever had a problem!

But at 1.45 I'm always on the first train and leave after 1 or 2 pints and never queue for a train.

Transport system runs perfectly well for me.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This may well be down to cost.

If you buy a polypin (36 pints) it costs about £75 delivered - most local micro breweries will sell adequate substitutes for £20 less.

And most local microbreweries are cutting their own throats to shift product to anyone that will take it. They also get charged substantially less duty than bigger regional brewers like Harveys. Oh and they also don't have 200+ years of tradition and links with Sussex.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This would also be bad for me as I routinely tell my Arsenal supporting father in law how much better the beer and pies are at the Amex over the Emirates.

Those goons have to make do with Tetleys............in a plastic bottle, and crap microwaved pies.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
but I'd love to see anything brewed by Sharps on offer at the Amex, at least in the WSL. Superb Cornish beer, especially Doom Bar, or Cornish Coaster.

I'd be happy with a replacement ale, London Pride, Doombar or local ales like Darkstar,

I doubt many ale drinkers would be that bothered with any number of ale replacements, whether London Pride, Doombar, etc. etc.

Doombar is indeed a great pint - but I don't think the CAMRAnistas would approve as it is now owned by Coors , and they tend to get a bit miffed about that sort of thing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Doombar isn't all that, it's what I buy if the pub I'm in has nothing better.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Have only read the first few pages of this but think it is hysterical that a bunch of grown men can have such a massive tantrum about one particular type of beer.

Ok - I'm not a big drinker and I drive to games but to a neutral observer it all just sounds a bit pathetic.

Boycott the club!
I'm drinking in town!
denying match day experience!

Please........

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Very strange decision if true.

Are we all braced for another price increase on the food and drink this season??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doombar isn't all that, it's what I buy if the pub I'm in has nothing better.
Not desperately different from Harvey's then.

Better than most options but not Premier League.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I really don't believe how many people on here say that they will drink anything. It if it doesn't taste good, why drink it?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I wonder if you put a pint of JS in a glass marked Harveys how many of these zealots would notice ?

Oh Enrest, this would be like the Cliftonville substituting your sausage with a steaming terd.

I'm sure you'd tell the difference...........................wouldn't you? :shit:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports