Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys at the Stadium

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Not true mate, as I just said, I'm sure it out sells or almost out sells lager, almost everyone around me in the concourse is on it. I'd say your more like pissing off 4-5000 fans, not 500.

As you've said, it's not like JS, so why compare it then?

5000? So you are saying that 1 in 4 Albion fans at The Amex are real ale connoisseurs? I don't believe that.

By the way I actually don't think they should get rid of Harveys or Piglets as it's helped make the stadium what it is... I am just question how many people it would REALLY affect.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Not sure I'd go that far but it certainly makes the stadium 'special' for me. I drink Harveys at the stadium but most other cask ales elsewhere as there's so many delicious options.

True, if it were replaced with something from dark star, then great. Or if it were replaced by another good ale, then I'm not happy but ok, I'll go with it for a bit unlit Harvey's is re instated. But if they try to replace with JS. Fuk it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does seem odd.

The Albion virtually invent real ale at football.

Within 2 seasons x amount of teams follow suit, seeing it as the money spinner it is.

Then the Albion drop Harvey's.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Neslon pub by Brighton Station is a Harvey's pub. I often go there pre and post match and even more likely to do so if this news is true.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
5000? So you are saying that 1 in 4 Albion fans at The Amex are real ale connoisseurs? I don't believe that.

By the way I actually don't think they should get rid of Harveys or Piglets as it's helped make the stadium what it is... I am just question how many people it would REALLY affect.

Seriously, thousands are drinking it. Even if half or under half are a bit peed off at axing Harveys, then it's still 5 or 6 times more than 500.

It's ALOT of fans to irritate. Harvey's has become instilled in the AMEX DNA, you can't just alter it, without pissing a large proportion off.

I'm seriously seriously pissed off about this. I dearly hope it's not true.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I was told a few months back that the club are now Harvey's biggest customer in terms of annual barrells sold. Although the ground is only used 25-26 times a year that is easy to believe given the volumes sold each match. If that is true, losing the Albion as a customer would surely have a detrimental effect on Harvey's and I can't see the club wanting to be associated with that from the community angle.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Maybe they are going to introduce another local ale to keep things fresh ?

Can't see it. None of the others have the capacity to produce the amount we require. Unless Dark Star are moving premises again. Kings, Hepworth, Long Man and Arundel are the next biggest and they would probably have to stop supplying half the people they do presently to try to supply the Albion.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I used to drink most of my Harveys at the Nelson before the game. I will continue to do this when I come next season. Axing Harveys, if it's true, would just give me another reason I'm fairly glad I've ceased to be a STH.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Whilst not wanting to question the OP, this seems highly unlikely.

At a NWSS meeting Barber said that Harveys Beer and Piglets Pies would continue to be served at the Amex next season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Awesome should be able to avoid all queues on a 1.45pm train now seeing as everyone is drinking elsewhere beforehand.

Result.

Wonder what price increases we will get now too...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Whilst not wanting to question the OP, this seems highly unlikely.

At a NWSS meeting Barber said that Harveys Beer and Piglets Pies would continue to be served at the Amex next season.

I too thought they were ring fenced. One thing Barber has always said is he wants to make sure the fans get the best experience possible.

Pukka Pies and crap bitter is not that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here