Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys at the Stadium

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am afraid this IS true. I have learned the source of this information and it is impeccable.

PG

A pint of Harveys and a Piglets Pie was a treat which wouldn't normally be a part of my home match day routine... and they lured me into spending £500 a season with their tasty deliciousness... unless it is an equally attractive offer, I will go back to my Withdean routine - the occasional cup of tea, when it is really chilly.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am afraid this IS true. I have learned the source of this information and it is impeccable.

PG

Maybe Harvey's are reaping the price of over charging everyone for their beer then. Personally as long as there is an alternative real ale available I will not be too put out. It certainly won't be any of the other local breweries though as they do not have the capacity to produce the quantity needed, unless they are willing to drop a whole bunch of the contracts they currently have.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Maybe Harvey's are reaping the price of over charging everyone for their beer then. Personally as long as there is an alternative real ale available I will not be too put out. It certainly won't be any of the other local breweries though as they do not have the capacity to produce the quantity needed, unless they are willing to drop a whole bunch of the contracts they currently have.

Unless a real ale is provided a significant number of customers will now be offered an inferior match day product…

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Can I be the first to thank whoever it was who came up with this decision. I am fully hoping they don't replace it with another real ale. Money is tight at the moment and so this is a pain free way to maintain some sensible Albion spending levels. The frequent lack of veggie pies or a suitable child friendly veggie equivalent had already saved me some money so this would add another slice of club inspired good news.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What a load of fuss about something ultimately that could result in them getting a decent beer in.

Harveys is rank and I like real ale.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A pint of Harveys and a Piglets Pie was a treat which wouldn't normally be a part of my home match day routine... and they lured me into spending £500 a season with their tasty deliciousness...

At £500 per season you were having a lot more than 1 pint and 1 pie per home game.

(...a pedant writes)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Unless a real ale is provided a significant number of customers will now be offered an inferior match day product…

Agreed, I certainly will not be turning up until just before kick off if no ale is available. After the game I will leave pretty sharpish too. At the moment though all we have is a rumour that there will be no Harvey's, knowing what I do about Heineken UK, and their local rep, it is highly unlikely they will stop selling ale entirely.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Well at least the kiosks queues will be shorter without the real ale bores making the place look untidy, there will certainly be less beards and sandle's with socks

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I didn't say you should back it. I said that trying to rally other people to support you in a boycott of OTHER products was wrong. I say wrong - what I meant was over-the-top, petty and embarrassing.

Why be talking about 'last options' anyway? Nobody knows that this is even TRUE, let alone what the possible replacement bitter might be. But hey, lets ASSUME the very worst, and start a boycott. Is there a petition I can sign?

I certainly agree that it's an over reaction to something that isn't true , I should have made it clearer I was talking in general terms.

I don't actually drink beer at The Amex anyway, I just over extrapolated on what I thought you were suggesting (which is basically this thread really).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That is just the power of advertising. The general public are easily led little sheep. Just because they do or like something does not make it good.

Is it time for a philosophical discussion as to whether something is by definition good if you like it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here