Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys = £4.20?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Canhams Butchers on Church Rd does a lovely Angus Steak pie, makes Piglets look like the mass produced shite they are

Is there really any need for such spite?

Piglets are a local company providing what are widely recognised as being some of the best pies in football grounds across the whole country.

Such is their popularity and the success they have enjoyed, they have to be created in large volumes, and I'm sure there are compromises with that approach when compared to a small butchers making only a handful of pies, and as such any direct comparisons are ridiculous.

Do you expect them to knock back the Albion's demand for many thousands of pies per game and only produce a small number in order to keep standards up to those required by a few who would probably still not buy them due to some reason or another.

As for the price - that will clearly be out of the hands of the Piglets team.

I also find it bizarre that you clearly have an issue with them, so presumably do not buy them, yet seem to have intricate knowledge of the quality or otherwise.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Canhams Butchers on Church Rd does a lovely Angus Steak pie, makes Piglets look like the mass produced shite they are

How do you suggest they should 'non mass produce' 10,000 pies?

Are you too stupid to see why a pie cooked in a local butchers is likely to be better than one in a stadium?

Or are you just doing your usual unfunny whinging and bitching about anything to do with the club because you have nothing else going on in your life?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Piglets are a local company providing what are widely recognised as being some of the best pies in football grounds across the whole country.

Such is their popularity and the success they have enjoyed, they have to be created in large volumes, and I'm sure there are compromises with that approach when compared to a small butchers making only a handful of pies, and as such any direct comparisons are ridiculous.

Do you expect them to knock back the Albion's demand for many thousands of pies per game and only produce a small number in order to keep standards up to those required by a few who would probably still not buy them due to some reason or another.

I also find it bizarre that you clearly have an issue with them, so presumably do not buy them, yet seem to have intricate knowledge of the quality or otherwise.

100% this. Compare 'like with like' or don't bother.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

How about the spite the Piglets lovers have for Pukka Pies ? I've tried both and at football grounds find Pukka pies far nicer probably because they have the facilities to do a decent mass produced pie, I just don't understand the hero worship for an expensive mass produced pie and the hatred the fanboys have for any other product

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How do you suggest they should 'non mass produce' 10,000 pies?

Are you too stupid to see why a pie cooked in a local butchers is likely to be better than one in a stadium?

Or are you just doing your usual unfunny whinging and bitching about anything to do with the club because you have nothing else going on in your life?

Have you got nothing better to do with your life than whinge on a message board ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I would presume that the butchers' one is not cooked at all, but sold to be cooked at home.

So even more pointless a comparison.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
How about the spite the Piglets lovers have for Pukka Pies ? I've tried both and at football grounds find Pukka pies far nicer probably because they have the facilities to do a decent mass produced pie, I just don't understand the hero worship for an expensive mass produced pie and the hatred the fanboys have for any other product

And there we have the reason for the spite. The classic hatred of popularity, even when the product is good.

Nope cooked and ready to eat and a lovely eat it is too

I reckon they'd run out after 20 or so fans want them at half time. Canhams is lovely, I go there a lot, and yes, the steak pies are better. Their others pies comparable though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here