Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm struggling to remember when Ian Hart was a "member of the inner sanctum". If he ever was, it was a very long time ago and it didn't last long. He's always been his own man with his own opinions that are often not shared by the majority. And there's nothing wrong with that.

NSCs very own Norman Baker ?

Whoops couldn't resist.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What i want to know is how did Paul Barber plant the explosives (supplied by Bozza) that brought down the World trade centre??

What this thread really needs is this:

image.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Harty hadn't dug deep and published then there wouldn't have been anything for Dick Tight to become chairman of , simple.

OK I'll bite, as you have posted in correct text, for once.

I'm Old school as well, Ernest (check my joining date).

I have nothing against Harty, he did a fine job. Where you let yourself down, is in the same sentence, you say Dick TIGHT.

You are VERY SeLeCTIVE in your views.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I believe there was some potentially libellous comments made in it. I don't recall how by though

I'm guessing by a computer wired up to the good ol' world wide intranetty.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I look forward to reading Harty's apology/correction in next week's column.

After all, "it takes a big man to admit you're wrong." (c)Harty

Dec 29, 2011
I think the suggestion thats being made is that Bozza made the same comments as PB the day after the conversation with Paul suggesting that hes being used as a mouthpiece? I have no idea but it is true and tend to think coincidence.

One thing though NSC needs to be as independant now as back in the dark days.

Is it, though? I haven't been on NSC long but it seems barber has realised it's probably the best way to quickly communicate with the fans on a regular basis. Without actually posting on here, Bozza or another mod is the best way to start a thread which will attract attention. Bozza is clearly very close to some people at the club (whether it be barber or someone else), and so it's reasonable to assume they're friends who would help each other out. Bozza benefits as Barber provides information which other sources can't get - this ensures people keep reading NSC for the latest news - while Bozza helps out the club by posting 'press releases' or even deleting posts which harm the club, be it illegal or just detrimental to the clubs profits.

Oh and while we're at it, banning isn't the only way people are stopped from viewing NSC, so saying 'people weren't banned for that' carries no weight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is it, though? I haven't been on NSC long but it seems barber has realised it's probably the best way to quickly communicate with the fans on a regular basis. Without actually posting on here, Bozza or another mod is the best way to start a thread which will attract attention. Bozza is clearly very close to some people at the club (whether it be barber or someone else), and so it's reasonable to assume they're friends who would help each other out. Bozza benefits as Barber provides information which other sources can't get - this ensures people keep reading NSC for the latest news - while Bozza helps out the club by posting 'press releases' or even deleting posts which harm the club, be it illegal or just detrimental to the clubs profits.

Oh and while we're at it, banning isn't the only way people are stopped from viewing NSC, so saying 'people weren't banned for that' carries no weight.

I think there's a world of difference between deleting threads that contain libellous comments, which as mods we have a duty of care to remove, and those which are detrimental to club profits.

For example of the latter there was stating the actual attendance at the recent game at home to Middlesbrough (I think), which was made by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. This is evidence that NSC won't be craven lickspittles to the club hierarchy.

We can't have it both ways, grumbling about a lack of communication from the Albion, yet when there is direct contact, claiming NSC is no more than a mouthpiece for Paul Barber's vision of the club.

Harty posts provocative comments in the Herald to get a reaction and debate, we do the same here on NSC to increase clicks.

Ian Hislop says that the role of Private Eye is to 'question the official version', IMO we should strive for the same here, and healthy skepticism, not jaundiced cynicism or obsequious toadying, is the best way that NSC should operate.

I think also I speak on behalf of everyone at Mod Towers by saying we will always strive to ensure to never let FACTS get in the way of a good binfest.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seriously. Wtf are you banging on about?

So Barber used the same soundbite in conversations with Paul S and Bozza? What is that supposed to prove?

How does it doubt 'Paul's word'?

Have you been drinking?

Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me that didn't have a clue what all of that meant...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Then you must be either a JCL who doesn't know the history of the club or forgotten if it wasn't for him and Gulls Eye you wouldn't have a club to support
Just for once Ernest, 'wElL sAiD'!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a staunch Bloomite, Barberist, and accidentally backed myself into a prosami corner, who spends all his NSC time arguing.

If NSC is pro all things Albion and the board.
Just imagine how bitter and twisted the clubs enemies must be.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
To get back to the article........ If HB&B had written such a poorly worded, ill conceived bunch of tripe we would have been all over him like a rash. The Worthing Herald needs to take a long look at it's self and maybe give his "privilege" to someone else (not Hb&B obvs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here