Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - patronising and pompous

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Bozza said:
I must admit I've not tried for quite a while but I thought I got some sort of "You're not using Microsoft stuff so we reckon you're a pirate and going to stick it all on Youtube" type warning.

Or was that just video?

The only warning that I get is that the browser will open the content in Windows Media Player which I have installed on my PowerBook. I just click ok and then carry on to the video and the audio. I have no problems with it.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Harty = Albion Ledge.

Just a little disappointed he didnt back the STH to the hilt during their revolt against the Club over West Ham tickets. He knows he should have done too.

Water under the bridge now.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Easy 10 said:
You should try again. TV's are much bigger nowadays.

rupaul.png

Well, er, yes, I'm sure they are... but what does this have to do with Tony Hart? ???

Last edited:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
On a live show you have to deal with the calls as they come in I would assume. So, you can't always hang on for those which will be topical/relevant.

Sometimes Harty does hurry his callers along, but he's only trying to get them to make their point because of time constraints and the desire to get as many on as possible.

I think we're lucky to have a phone-in, and while Harty may not be to everyone's taste, no one can deny the man does not have a real understanding of our history, and the situation we are in.

Ian is one of the cornerstones of the club, very much like John Baine, Paul Samrah, and Liz Costa are, albeit for different reasons.

Let's not start talking about slaughtering 'sacred cows.' I'm sure Harty knows when he's made a bummer. I'm sure the BBC monitor these things as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
tadley gull said:

I think we're lucky to have a phone-in, and while Harty may not be to everyone's taste, no one can deny the man does not have a real understanding of our history, and the situation we are in.

Ian is one of the cornerstones of the club, very much like John Baine, Paul Samrah, and Liz Costa are, albeit for different reasons.

Can you name somebody who has more of an understanding of our history and the situation that we are in.

The answer to the question is NO because there is nobody.

He was the original breaker of the bad news about Archer and his gang before any of the others you have mentioned.

I would assume that you used the word not by mistake as in ;

'the man does not have a real understanding of our history and the situation that we are in.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A wise man once said, 'You're only as good as your last performance.'

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:
Kerry Mayo's testimonial at Worthing and the kit sponsor's dinner.

I wasn't invited to the kit sponsors dinner, even though I remain a kit sponsor, but don't let that little fact get in the way of you putting the boot in.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:
A wise man once said, 'You're only as good as your last performance.'

Would that have been Ernie Wise, who had many great performances, usually at Christmas I recall?:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Harty said:
I wasn't invited to the kit sponsors dinner, even though I remain a kit sponsor, but don't let that little fact get in the way of you putting the boot in.

The 2005 one, not last year.

Edited to add, I haven't got a problem with Harty as a person but with what he does. There is a difference.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just picked up on the extent of this thread as i've been offline for a couple of days...
I posted on page one that this was typical of the usual ridiculous over-reacting of Brighton fans about a non-event. How well this thread has exemplified that!?

It's insane to want to get rid of Harty, because quite simply he IS the phone-in. Not one of us could do a better job, and frankly not many would have the balls to either.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.. and no-one is going to convince me in a million years that the majority want him out. That is total cobblers.

The senseless persons on here seem keen to start a witch hunt. When Harty does indeed depart and the phone-in becomes as much a non-event as this debate, maybe you can congratulate yourselves by listening in to the enthralling radio that is non-league rugby reviews, because that's what'll be in it's place.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
I can only bring myself to tune in to SCR for Deano's post-match interview, as we're waiting to get out of Mill Road, then it's usually back to radio 5 for the rest of the journey home to Horsham...the phone-in, whenever I have listened, is generally a load of tosh, only those who share Harty's views tend to get any sort of airtime or sensible response from him...(in my opinion)

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I don't think that's the case, for the reasons I've stated earlier. It's a live phone-in and anyone who's had experience of these programmes will know that you don't have that much time to filter all the calls.

And what would happen if they were all 'anti' what he believed in? Would he not let anyone speak.

When I've been on (1 or 2 times) I felt that while he is always 'pro' Albion, he does rattle cages when he feels it's necessary.

And what's wrong with that?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you have never phoned in before, here is the procedure

Call in 08459 570057

When you phone in, you are asked what you would like to talk about....normally peopel say "i was at the game" or " just Brighton" or in Kaney/Leroy's case " I just want to come on and make an insulting remark about someone cos I am clever and not really a wanker, oh no siree"

Whoever takes the call will ask you for your phone number so he/she can call you back.

You are called back and are normally put on hold.

Ian then is told on the headphones by Sophia or Tim how many calls we have, if there are any texts, and where there are callers, their names ( or NSC handles) and what they want to talk about.

If you have to wait, its the BBC that pays so it costs you nowt, and you are patched through to the live feed so you can listen to what is said.

That is the only way Ian knows what peopel are going to say.

If someone says they want to talk about Brighton and then sings the coco the clown circus song, like they did at Brentford I think it was, then there is nothing whatsoever the BBC can do about it, it is up to Ian to " cut them off"

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This thread is pointless really and has gone on too long, if you want different things discussed on the phone in, call in and discuss them. Simple. The phone in, in my opinion, is brilliant, yes Harty annoys me sometimes, but the alternative of not having one would be a sad day....

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I agree with what several people have said on here that Harty needs to let the callers get their points across without CONSTANTLY interrupting them.
I got so annoyed with his constant interrupting of callers, his patronizing manner and general drivel I turned it off in favour of silence on the way home from Withdean.
If anyone says something he doesn’t agree with he tries to cut them off or puts them down or worse still ridicules them.
Harty if your reading this, let people have their say and opinions without cutting them off or interrupting them when you don’t agree with their view point. It’s THE FANS phone in after all, not an hour for you to spurt your views.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I reckon we should have a week where callers are allowed to cut Harty off.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Originally posted by Yorkie [/i]

I haven't got a problem with Harty as a person but with what he does. There is a difference.
[/QUOTE]

I think you mean; "what he doesn,t do".....i.e. He won,t wear big rose tinted glasses.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here