Harty can you please explain to me what a window licker is?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bang on.

For f*** sake, so many people need to get a f***ing life. Maybe it's because we won last night so people can't whinge and whine quite as much as usual so they've found something else to over-react about. Bunch of hypocritical fucktards. Happy to rip the piss out of Spurs and Newcastle fans for being fickle, then call for a manager to be sacked BEFORE October of his first season. Happy to take the piss out of Scousers for living in selfpity city, then over-react ENORMOUSLY over a comment that wasn't even said the way it's being reported on here. Are you REALLY offended, or have you just got f*** ALL else in your life? Switch the computer off and go outside.

What iritated me wasn't anything to do with the window lickers.

What really got my goat was that he introduced the subject by saying "THEY started a poll to see who should be manager" - Harty deliberately suggested that NSC (as some kind of collective) was lobbying to get MA replaced. It was deliberate misinterpretation of the poll, so I phoned him up to tell him that. It was mischievous and unhelpful. So when I got my chance I pointed out that the vast majority of fans that use NSC appear to actually support MA.

What iritated me wasn't anything to do with the window lickers.

What really got my goat was that he introduced the subject by saying "THEY started a poll to see who should be manager" - Harty deliberately suggested that NSC (as some kind of collective) was lobbying to get MA replaced. It was deliberate misinterpretation of the poll, so I phoned him up to tell him that. It was mischievous and unhelpful. So when I got my chance I pointed out that the vast majority of fans that use NSC appear to actually support MA.

Great. Well done. Not in anyway the point, but well done you.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Maybe the point is that people can come on here and say how offended they are without other people coming on and slagging them off and telling them to get a life.

In much the same way as you suggest it - if you don't like it, don't read the thread?

D

Deleted User X18H

yes but you gave the impression you were the king of NSC you sounded like an undemocratically I might add self appointed spokesperson for NSC.

'oh NSC does this NSC does that' we all love Mickey and you mustn't say Licking Windows you naughty man'

I am from Kent (not Barcelona)

Last edited:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Point

Were the first people who wanted to see McClaren out of the England job (based on performance - since many of us shuddered at his appointment in the first place) also "window-lickers"? Or were they bad supporters? Or, people who spotted intrinsically flawed tactics and a lack of nouse - aka lacking management ability?

I'm not in an 'Adams out' camp, and have to say I don't like hiring and firing managers like changing shirts (plus it's expensive!). However, harbouring doubts or misgivings about our on-field tactics right now I have to admit there are things that are worrying enough about our play to question why things aren't changing from game to game.

Somehow The Albion are in a hurry to prove something on the pitch, without setting out to assert ourselves over opposing teams. We seem incapable of bottling them up, frustrating any of their tactics.

Mickey - it's not a matter of just picking things up where you left them - we have a different squad, even with OGH and Kerry Mayo around. It's a new job altogether, starting from scratch, and with a foundation of another manager's strong influence (on youth-teamers more than others).
It's not to say that you have to flush the side of players for the sake of building your own squad - you need to exert tactical intent and posture over the whole set of players, and have them understand and enact those tactics.
There's a reason that the military 'drill' their groups of men to understand and work as a unit - and for them it's a matter of winning battles and not disintegrating into a shambolic confusion of individuals.
We know these players can play, I know they are good enough as footballers - there only has to be cohesion of teamwork enough to counteract the sides we face, and we can absolutely RUN this division.
Let's run it, eh?

You make some good points, but I do worry whether a lot of the squad really are that good. There comes a time when potential ceases to be fulfillable. Wilkins was often frustrated that the team didnt carry out his tactics, and although Mickey doesn't say so, I bet he feels the same. It could be why we are starting to see wholesale changes. I am starting to think the likes of Cox, Robinson, Fraser and Loft will never make the grade. We may have to be patient.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's funny that Hart is whining about people stirring... it's not like he's never done it on his radio show to get calls is it? What's the difference?

Although I think when he sees someone suggest Alan Ball as a replacement for Adams and think it is serious he should carefully consider whom it is that should lick windows. :lol:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
yes but you gave the impression you were the king of NSC you sounded like an undemocratically I might add self appointed spokesperson for NSC.

'oh NSC does this NSC does that' we all love Mickey and you mustn't say Licking Windows you naughty man'

I am from Kent (not Barcelona)

whereas you just sounded like a cock

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Occasional" post #14 today to add to the 34 "occasional" posts yesterday. You boob.

Roz thought I made sense - and she's a regular poster, so I'll take her interpretation cheers chum.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Isn't the point not that he had a go at NSC, but that he used a stupidly offensive word and mocked the disabled on air for a joke?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
If ever a comment, although undoubtedly highly inappropriate for BBC radio, was proven to be correct, this thread is it! :thud:

Now will all you Windowlickers kindly go over to Brightonfans.com where nothing provocative or potentially offensive is ever said. I thank you

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To be honest, reading some of the shite on here I can quite easily see why Harty feels like he does.

What I find a bit perplexing is that he can say 'go lick some windows' live on BBC Radio and keep his job..

But I for one hope he does, because agree with him or not, he gets people talking and is pretty damn good at his job if you ask me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports