Us (Lost 0-2)
West Brom (drawing 1-1)
Leicester (won 4-0)
Swansea (won 3-0)
Norwich (won 2-1)
Southampton (won 2-1)
& Luton (won 6-0)

Returned £88.24 from £4

At least it we weren't the only Albion team that let my bet down. (awaits very late West Brom winner)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Flinders is Man of Match, revenge is sweet.

Our win rate with flinders was 16%. To our cost we gave him first team experience while he was warming the bench for another team. Not exactly like we screwed him over and he needs to get revenge.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Too many players on lone? not enouh cover? favouring the fellow countrman too heavily?

Maybe Poyet and Taricco should have played instead :dunce:

We have been using loan players during our great run of form, didn't seem to be doing much harm then.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We won't get relegated, as I believe we will get the 51 points required.
But is there no strength in depth of the squad or was this just a blip.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quite. Makes you realise our squad is shallower than a snake's belly when you see today's line-up. Gavin Hoyte left-back? Ashley Barnes, who despite two goals looks pretty useless to me, upfront on his own? The result today is irrelevant, as are the next six (unless we lose ALL of them of course!), but it's good to have a gentle reminder we're still several players short of doing anything next season.

I`ll be absolutely amazed if Barnes cuts the mustard with us. We will need someone up front with Murray next season with some quality not a non - league player from Eastbourne. Him and the Cambridge lad will fill spaces till the end of the season but that will be that. Mind you Poyet knows this I suspect.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Quite. Makes you realise our squad is shallower than a snake's belly when you see today's line-up. Gavin Hoyte left-back? Ashley Barnes, who despite two goals looks pretty useless to me, upfront on his own? The result today is irrelevant, as are the next six (unless we lose ALL of them of course!), but it's good to have a gentle reminder we're still several players short of doing anything next season.

Yes...we lose Murray and Painter and suddenly we are fallible again. Has Hoyte played this year ? Maybe it was law of averages..unbeaten away since December.
I said when Forster went that we were relying solely on Murray. No disrespect to Holroyd and Barnes but they are lightweight and the huge hole left by Forster is only apparent when Murray isn't there.
The very best we can achieve this season is 11th ( 10th has 57 pts at present ) so we should push hard in the last 6 games for a ' top half ' finish.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Exactly. It seems a strong thing, even for me, to suggest after 2 goals in his first 2 games, but I think the guy is useless.

Gus will have much better in place come August 7th.

Your opinions continue to amaze me. Barnes has done extremely well in his two substitute appearances and scored two goals. He played up front on his own today against physical opposition and by all accounts did well.

I was slightly bemused by his signing, having been at Eastbourne last year, but I have seen enough to suggest that he has something to offer us. He is only 20 after all.

You might be right when you say Gus will have better in by next season and I hope you're right, but to write Barnes off after one full appearance sums you up really.

Oh, and today showed how much we miss Crofts, but you will no doubt continue, in vein, to disagree.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I`ll be absolutely amazed if Barnes cuts the mustard with us. We will need someone up front with Murray next season with some quality not a non - league player from Eastbourne. Him and the Cambridge lad will fill spaces till the end of the season but that will be that. Mind you Poyet knows this I suspect.
Barnes is a Plymouth player who was on loan to Eastbourne so a Championship player, not non league.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It often happens that a mid table team, which we are, having had a long run of matches, will lose to a more determined team that is fighting for it's life.

I don't think it is anything to overly worry about. Indeed, Gus should learn more about his players from a game such as this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports