Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool Appeal

dcr21

Feb 28, 2009
HOVE ACTUALLY
What a mess coming up to the last round of matches. Can the FA increase the punishment as they can when players appeal against a sending off?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I am missing something?

What exactly are they appealing against when they won a match with a player who should never have been on the pitch.

Surely they dont have a leg to stand on.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
They will appeal on the grounds that it was they who reported the infringement to the FA (before they were rumbled).

And that had they not, the whole saga would have gone unoticed.

This is how I am seeing it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They will appeal on the grounds that it was they who reported the infringement to the FA (before they were rumbled).

And that had they not, the whole saga would have gone unoticed.

This is how I am seeing it.

But didn't they already make that argument, to which the FA said "you're fined three points immediately and a suspended fine"?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Does anybody know whether or not the FL can increase the penalty if the appeal failsor is deemed to be a frivulous appeal as it obviously is.

I wouldn't have thought so because it's not like a player sending off appeal. There doesn't appear to be any precedent at league level right now.

The whole rule needs to be re-written because Gus is quite right, it's a joke.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They didnt know about the booking against Orienbt and they got home late on Saturday night after the last booking and had a game again on Monday and didnt have time to check it out. Slso that it took too long for the FA to hear it and due to the 2 hearings Liddkle hasnt trained with the club.

Didnt mention the delay was caused by them reqwuestinga personal hearing and it being set up. Also that the charge of playing an illegible player is a League rule, playing while suspended is an FA rule so both had to deal with it individually under their respective rules.

I sent Sky Sports an E mail explaining it but dont know if he will read it or give a response as I am watching the Forest Blackpool game before going to Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here