Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Maguire

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
After a game, yes, but a month or so later?

He's the leader of Man Utd, not Brighton. His last match was 16th August and he was arrested on the 20th. Just right for a couple of nice bruises to come out, although my comment was tongue in cheek anyway.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
drew;948286 That could be because he was still traumatised or that he was trying to remember to keep to script.[/QUOTE said:

If you tell the truth you don't have to have a good memory.

Tell one lie and you need to tell ten lies to get out of it.

He now finds himself in a position if not only looking Guilty but also finds himself in the position of looking Foolish.

Instead of all these interviews. He should just take his punishment and knuckle down to reforming himself instead of looking for Public Approval.

He would have got more Public Approval if he had been more remorseful.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry to be a bore but are you basing that on having watched his BBC interview in full?
Only, nothing you’ve said there tallies with what he said.
If you’ve not watched it, then give it a go. It’s only eight minutes.
His explanation could be a load of bollocks based around a few of the known facts. But it did sound plausible imho.

Nope, did not watch it. However, anyone with a shred of common sense can recognise what looks like a police or military uniform. If he was in the right he could and should have been able to explain the situation to the police without being dragged off to a police station. If you are in a sticky situation the police are your Godsend when they arrive.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nope, did not watch it. However, anyone with a shred of common sense can recognise what looks like a police or military uniform. If he was in the right he could and should have been able to explain the situation to the police without being dragged off to a police station. If you are in a sticky situation the police are your Godsend when they arrive.

They were plain clothes police

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They were plain clothes police

Ah, I see. The police failed to properly " introduce " themselves when they arrived, case dismissed.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Did his sister have blood tests to determine if this drug was in her system?
Are there photos of the bruises inflicted on his legs etc?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Unfortunately, in my experience, it does not quite work that way on the continent. They either baton you, which happened to me, or shoot you, which nearly happened when the other cop of two pulled his pistol. They are very Wild West - shoot you first and ask questions later, and are supported by their judiciary.
Whether he is guilty or not, he would never get the same type of justice that at home. For people who complain about our police my advice is have a staycation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, in my experience, it does not quite work that way on the continent. They either baton you, which happened to me, or shoot you, which nearly happened when the other cop of two pulled his pistol. They are very Wild West - shoot you first and ask questions later, and are supported by their judiciary.
Whether he is guilty or not, he would never get the same type of justice that at home. For people who complain about our police my advice is have a staycation.

Really? If your description is correct then why are we not hearing of many more people being shot in Greece!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What had you done to have a cop truncheon you, and then pull a gun?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What had you done to have a cop truncheon you, and then pull a gun?

A few years ago a young lad who was no older than 14 had a few drinks at a wine tasting. When he got back off the coach he was a bit loud and I was trying to shut him up when two guards approached him to grab him. I intervened to say we were just going into the hotel next to us and they focussed their attention on me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolute Madness. So many people in this country are completely out of control and their senses.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t really understand the hate Maguire is getting , unless perhaps you are a Man Utd fan but that is of course way to far. Was odd him being booed at Wembley (I was there) - say what you like but he’s never let England down and his penalty against the Italians was one of the best !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20220807-170058_Gallery.jpg

Sounded a tad touchy today on the wireless:D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is so so bad, just looks completely clueless and open to anything that isnt directly at him - he will look worse under the new manager

He shouldnt be anywhere near the England squad

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is so so bad, just looks completely clueless and open to anything that isnt directly at him - he will look worse under the new manager

He shouldnt be anywhere near the England squad

It is worrying that he was bossed by Welbeck today with a World Cup just 3 months away. Meanwhile, Dunk puts in yet another quality display.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here