[Football] Harry Maguire

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southgate has got us to the last 4 of the last two tournaments we've contested, and no previous manager can say that.

I'm not saying he's a genius - and some of his his selections today are baffling - but in terms of team spirit, goals scored and final outcomes this is as good as it's been for years so he deserves some credit.

That's correct. Some of the most successful international managers have been pretty average tactically but excellent with the squad itself.

That's why Southgate picks his own offspring.

You don't get long with the team so social binding is as important as trying to be, errm, Bielsa.

Southgate and England are a good fit. Although today's selection was a bit odd.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
BBC said it will send shockwaves throughout football.
Idiots. We're not all Man U fans. It will be waves of laughter:D

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BBC said it will send shockwaves throughout football.
Idiots. We're not all Man U fans. It will be waves of laughter:D

Shockwaves that a footballer has got involved in a bar brawl and then tried to use his wealth to get out of it?

Yeah. I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely can't stay in the England squad now.

He's lucky that Ferguson isn't still in charge at United.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1298302345781153794[/tweet]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He’s already there. They don’t need to extradite him. Straight to jail and do not pass go.
Maybe Southgate should be extradited somewhere though.

21 months.

Suspended sentence.

Doubt he'll be playing against PAOK or AEK if United get drawn against them :lolol:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
£63,000!
Do you know who i am? Do you know who i am? Ban the fat headed dimwitted ****.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So, just to summarise: a suspended sentence of 21 months and 10 days in prison having been found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult. And a £63'000 bar bill.

Next year he'd be better off going narrow boating or something.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Southgate has got us to the last 4 of the last two tournaments we've contested, and no previous manager can say that.

While that's true, it wasn't exactly difficult to get to the last four of the WC - Dancing Alan Pardew could have got us there. They avoided every tricky team along the way. It was probably the easiest way any England player has reached a semi since they showed Debbie Does Dallas instead of the video of the last group game.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So, just to summarise: a suspended sentence of 21 months and 10 days in prison having been found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult. And a £63'000 bar bill.

Next year he'd be better off going narrow boating or something.

I do wonder why footballers do it. Do they really need to go to these tacky strips and get wasted?

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
On BBC website , Maguire said: "Do you know who I am? I am the captain of Manchester United. I am very rich. I can give you money. I can pay you. Please let us go."

His colleague added that Maguire had said to him: "Please, let me go. I am very rich. I can pay. I am the leader of Manchester United."

The defence argued that this request may have been lost in translation and suggested Maguire may have been asking to pay a "fine" to be released.

Easily lost in translation :ffsparr:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Should be banned from the England squad and suspended at Man U. We'd be sacked for this in our menial jobs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do wonder why footballers do it. Do they really need to go to these tacky strips and get wasted?

You can't beat a bit of risk taking, as many of us on NSC know only too well.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
His sister was allegedly injected with date rape drug . So good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports