Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Maguire

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It makes Hoddle's "them people" comments look almost intelligent.

Southgate should be sacked or resign immediately.

I very much doubt that either will happen though. In the post fact world, nothing matters. Well, apart from money.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What are two of the most long standing stereotypes about the English? That our football supporters are hooligans and that English people act terribly on holiday. Now we have one of our most high players convicted of assault and bribery whilst on holiday in Greece. Amazing.

Maybe anyone bringing the nation into disrepute should have their passports confiscated and no new ones issued.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Was Southgate hoping that Greece was being added to the UK quarantine list so he could drop Maguire at the end of the week without any fuss.

As well as England, what do Manchester United now do about their captain,?

Maguire is probably hoping now that crowds are not allowed back for some years, as he is going to get a lot of stick around the country.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No, he's proved himself to be a very good England manager. He will pick from whoever is available and he feels fits in with his system the best.

Youre having a laugh shirley? He's done the square root of f**k all. in the WC 2018, we had the easiest group and beat those huge world beaters of Tunisia and Panama, the one game against a good team Belgium, we lost. Purely by luck that put us into the easiest half of a world cup draw we've ever had, won the Penalty lottery after a draw, then beat Sweden minus Zlatan, a game even you or i as manager should win - cue next semi decent club, Croatia and he fluffed his lines, 3/4 play off against decent opposition (Belgium again) and we're easily beaten again.

You're to used to glorious England failures if you think Southgate is anything different than another failure. He's crap, never would've got the job if the FA panel was independent and picking the best managerial candidates rather than biggest, blandest and most pliable bum licker.

I'd love to see your definition of a bad manager if you think Southgate is very good.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is he still the England squad? ****ing national disgrace.

I thought Southgate had half a brain but the loyalty to old slab head is shocking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southgate has got us to the last 4 of the last two tournaments we've contested, and no previous manager can say that.

I'm not saying he's a genius - and some of his his selections today are baffling - but in terms of team spirit, goals scored and final outcomes this is as good as it's been for years so he deserves some credit.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Yes HM is a bit of a dick but the verdict, was it with a judge, 3 judges or judge and jury. I'm not saying HM is innocent because he has been found guilty but we all know how hard it is to prove innocence home or abroad with police involved. He was involved in that punch-up on film - bang to rights - but he wasn't charged with that. It come down to who's the biggest and best liars.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes HM is a bit of a dick but the verdict, was it with a judge, 3 judges or judge and jury. I'm not saying HM is innocent because he has been found guilty but we all know how hard it is to prove innocence home or abroad with police involved. He was involved in that punch-up on film - bang to rights - but he wasn't charged with that. It come down to who's the biggest and best liars.

Because all foreigners are liars and corrupt.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Twitter...
Harry Maguire handed a prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days. But this will be suspended because it is a first offence and charges were misdemeanours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here