[Football] Harry Maguire

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have edited my post now, just saw it in live report from BBC News reporter in Greece tho, like you, can't see it anywhere else

HM.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
BBC will be in trouble for that, imagine how many people have seen that this morning. Those 3 people who still watch BBC breakfast will be very confused.

Jimmy Grimble

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
BBC Website gem: 'He is represented by Alexis Anagnostakis, one of Greece's top human rights lawyers.'

I can see him on the stand right now "I'm British and its me 'uman right to get pissed and lamp people when I'm abroad" :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Southgate can’t pick him now. Thank goodness.

Looking at Villa’s defence last season, picking Mings would be equally out of the question and Chelsea are looking at shifting Tomori.

Step up Mr Dunk.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Southgate can’t pick him now. Thank goodness.

Looking at Villa’s defence last season, picking Mings would be equally out of the question and Chelsea are looking at shifting Tomori.

Step up Mr Dunk.

You just know he will pick Mings ahead of Dunk Southgate is clueless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BBC Website gem: 'He is represented by Alexis Anagnostakis, one of Greece's top human rights lawyers.'

I can see him on the stand right now "I'm British and its me 'uman right to get pissed and lamp people when I'm abroad" :lolol:

All the more baffling when you think we actually had to vote ourselves out of Europe, instead of booted out years ago.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Prosecution allege that once at the police station Harry Maguire said:

“Do you know who I am? I am the captain of Manchester United, I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go”

[emoji23]

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I'm guessing that was a typo, as he has reportedly pled NOT guilty.

As typo's go, it's a rather important one to get right. At least it was the BBC that made it, and not his lawyer. Hopefully he hasn't got this guy on his case...

SAC

May 21, 2014
You just know he will pick Mings ahead of Dunk Southgate is clueless.

No, he's proved himself to be a very good England manager. He will pick from whoever is available and he feels fits in with his system the best.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
No, he's proved himself to be a very good England manager. He will pick from whoever is available and he feels fits in with his system the best.

Has he? England are just flat track bullies. Beat poor teams easily but come unstuck as soon as we play anyone decent. Same old story.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Loving SSN this morning: Breaking News - Maguire's lawyers seek postponement of hearing.

Then: Breaking News - Greek courts say Piss off!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loving the way the PR team are now making a bold bid to spin the narrative into 'Hero Harry bravely defends honour of sister stabbed by Albanian gangster types'. That's classic EPL spin right there :clap2:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Loving the way the PR team are now making a bold bid to spin the narrative into 'Hero Harry bravely defends honour of sister stabbed by Albanian gangster types'. That's classic EPL spin right there :clap2:

According to Sky:

"Maguire's lawyer Alexis Anagnostakis told the court in Syros that two Albanian men had approached Maguire's sister Daisy - who fainted immediately after being injected with an unknown substance."

To be fair, if there's any truth in this statement that's incredibly unpleasant and you can understand an angry reaction. If true, of course.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
According to Sky:

"Maguire's lawyer Alexis Anagnostakis told the court in Syros that two Albanian men had approached Maguire's sister Daisy - who fainted immediately after being injected with an unknown substance."

To be fair, if there's any truth in this statement that's incredibly unpleasant and you can understand an angry reaction. If true, of course.

I think the fact that the media are concentrating on what Harry is claimed to say, as opposed to running with the fact his sister has just been drugged is despicable.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Apparently the defence wanted to postpone because they only got the full list of charges this morning. That would never happen over here, they would be given enough time to collect evidence and build a defence.

I suspect the legal system will close ranks and McGuire isn't going to get a particularly fair trial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports