[Football] Harry Maguire

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I laugh at how some people attempt to look so superior to the populous.

In the motorcycle industry, many would slag off the ubiquitous Honda CBR600 saying it was the lazy mans choice and too common. There was a reason it was popular, cos it was a fantastic machine at a sensible price.

Bit like Greek islands, the ones that gets lots of visitors offer people what they want on their holidays. Nothing wrong with that, Santorini offers amazing sights and picturesque views, Mykonos offers hedonism at an expensive price. But some would rather go off the beaten track, which is cool, but it doesn’t make the others crap.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Hope he had a good holiday then. And in any case, the players are allowed special dispensation if the country they visited gets put on the quarantine list.

Couldn’t resist, sorry. Last time I was in Mykonos the only footballer I saw was Andy Townsend:lolol:
C3F15531-3E36-4188-8A49-47FDB0066F93.jpeg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If you earn 150k plus per week how can you fail to ‘bribe’ an officer who probably takes 10 years to earn that? Fair play to the officer for that integrity but what a poor attempt at bribery, I’ve heard stories of police abroad taking bribes so it’s not unheard of.

Maybe he offered him £7.35 and a mars bar.

Yeh, because there's British and every else abroad and everyone else abroad always behave in the same way

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Beggars belief really. It's a running joke that there's only about 5 policeman on the island. You can go days without seeing one there. Ive been there about ten times in the last few years and I don't think I've ever seen a fight and that's when the clubs are properly open.

And like a lot of places with money swishing round it has a very seedy gangster underbelly it's not the type of place you would want to start a fight especially with strangers.

What a moron.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
Haha I called it then ! The other guy was an Albanian 'gangster' according to the reliable source the sun.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I lived in Greece for a few years the police take bribes but only if they are alone on the side of the road, trying to bribe in the OB station probably wasn’t the best move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports