[Football] Harry Maguire

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hope they throw the book at him, if a normal English bloke on holiday *allegedly* smacked a police officer, they’d be rotting in a Greek prison for a few weeks at least.

Attempted bribery too when they were at the police station, according to the Sky Sports report.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If you earn 150k plus per week how can you fail to ‘bribe’ an officer who probably takes 10 years to earn that? Fair play to the officer for that integrity but what a poor attempt at bribery, I’ve heard stories of police abroad taking bribes so it’s not unheard of.

Maybe he offered him £7.35 and a mars bar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Imagine what it's like being a high profile footballer and hanging out in bars with pissed up supporters of other teams taking pictures and goading you when you're with your family. I know these players are young and want to have a good night out, but it's really not worth the hassle. They've got the money to fly private jet to a private island if they want!

Not known for their brightness tho eh? With rare exceptions, always far more interested in going on the piss than anything remotely to do with elite sport performance. That's why the Albion player's don't have Championship Winners medals to show their grandkids

Blockheads :tosser:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Imagine what it's like being a high profile footballer and hanging out in bars with pissed up supporters of other teams taking pictures and goading you when you're with your family. I know these players are young and want to have a good night out, but it's really not worth the hassle. They've got the money to fly private jet to a private island if they want!
Tbf you don't usually see groups of English lads out in Mykonos it's just not that type of place it's too expensive for starters.

Whole story is a bit odd. Amazed that no one was filming it.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tbf you don't usually see groups of English lads out in Mykonos it's just not that type of place it's too expensive for starters.

Whole story is a bit odd. Amazed that no one was filming it.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Mykonos is by no means exclusively upmarket. Down to earth, not wealthy, mates have holidayed there since the 80’s.

The alleged story here is that Maguire’s ‘crew’ got aggressive with other British males who’d taken an interest in their female companions. Trouble broke out. Then the police arrived to break it up, who instructed the driver of the Maguire group transport to drive them all to the police station, Which angered the p’d up males in the Maguire group, giving rise to the final skirmishes.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

He comes over as plenty of money, no class.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
If you earn 150k plus per week how can you fail to ‘bribe’ an officer who probably takes 10 years to earn that? Fair play to the officer for that integrity but what a poor attempt at bribery, I’ve heard stories of police abroad taking bribes so it’s not unheard of.
In Indonesia, it's almost unheard of for police officers NOT to take bribes.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Mykonos is by no means exclusively upmarket. Down to earth, not wealthy, mates have holidayed there since the 80’s.

The alleged story here is that Maguire’s ‘crew’ got aggressive with other British males who’d taken an interest in their female companions. Trouble broke out. Then the police arrived to break it up, who instructed the driver of the Maguire group transport to drive them all to the police station, Which angered the p’d up males in the Maguire group, giving rise to the final skirmishes.

Not the right kind of example for England is it! Step forward Mr Dunk

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
In Indonesia, it's almost unheard of for police officers NOT to take bribes.

Even the "official" fines go straight in their pocket as often as not. I got stopped there last year because my rental car company had "forgotten" to renew the registration on the vehicle. Half a million rupiah straight in his pocket. Then literally 5 seconds after I got stopped again by another guy for the same thing. He'd stood and watched the first stop from about 30 yards away. This time I just refused to pay again and he finally gave up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Man, that is just friggin stupid. You forget how dumb some footballers are.

“Really sorry officer, here’s a grand if you let me go” [emoji2357]

Everyone’s piling into Harry, guilty as charged etc. But coppers can be and are bent which includes IMO misrepresenting the truth in such an exaggerated way using words which, whilst not lying, really inflate what actually happened it more or less guarantees a conviction. For example, assault can be ‘brushed against officers shirt’ etc. Who knows.

He’s an idiot for going to such a place with his profile, that I do believe. Whether he did anything, which on another night gets ignored, I’m not so sure. Greeks stab each other every week at football matches. That’s if the violence isn’t so bad the entire league has been suspended. This is probably handbags by comparison and I’m sure the prosecution has everything to do with him being who he is and there’s money to be made by corrupt officials. Let’s face it, Greece is a basket case: hugh swathes of the population are unemployed, and the remainder don’t pay any taxes so it wouldn’t surprise me if the judge jury and police are all taking backhanders in relation to this. Expect all charges to suddenly be dropped in the next week, after the tabloids have had their Sunday feast!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports