Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Maguire

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't think he is in a good state of mind, looks out of balance. As soon as United went 1-0 down he started slapping the opponents etc, getting away with it because he is a leading player in two of the worlds biggest football brands (United and England).

Luckily for England in the upcoming World Cup, FIFA desperately wants them to win so he and Kane will be playing with a different set of rules compared to everyone else... like we're used to from the PL.

He showed in Leicester that there's a pretty good defender in there, but I think if he wants to get back to that level, he needs to leave United. Would probably be the best thing both for him and his employer. He'll end up like Phil Jones otherwise.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It is worrying that he was bossed by Welbeck today with a World Cup just 3 months away. Meanwhile, Dunk puts in yet another quality display.

Dier has been the best CB since Conte has come in, not a sniff either.

Coady, Mings and Maguire are trash.

White/Dier/Webster/Dunk/Stones/Tomori/Guehi are miles ahead of those three

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
His lumberingness isn't to a team's benefit, but I tend to think that his role as captain for a team that are outsmarted and outfought by the majority of opponents shows him not much of a leader.
With Utd though you can go through the entirety of what could loosely be described as a spine and couldn't pick out a character of note.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
?? Where's that come from??

I think it is obvious.

FIFA is a corrupt organisation - even without Blatter and the likes - and the people involved in the organisation loves money. The more money in football, the more money for them.

It has always been their modus operandi: ban Mexico from World Cup 1990 for silly reasons, so that the US could qualify and generate attention and interest ahead of World Cup 94. Or: make sure South Korea gets to the semi-final in World Cup 2002 through hilarious refereeing, to finally create more football interest in Asia.

England is the economic locomotive in football. Something that would create (even more) hype and interest would be a goldmine. And if you look how England for the last 12 years or so has constantly been in the shittiest World Cup groups with the easiest pathway to the final... man, I really think they want you to win. Optimally the US or China would win, but that won't happen and you're the third best choice, financially speaking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Luckily for England in the upcoming World Cup, FIFA desperately wants them to win so he and Kane will be playing with a different set of rules compared to everyone else... like we're used to from the PL..

FIFA have never wanted England to win anything, them Johnny Foreigners fecking hate us

Anyway back to Maguire, he is as out of form as a player can be but waistcoat man will pick him regardless.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He is a man with a haunted look - which probably indicates that he actually reads some of the stuff written about him. I don’t envy him despite his bank balance.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was so bad for our first goal - totally lost. Not much better for our second. Then he went into should have been sent off mode. Terrible player - on present form shouldn’t be in the prem.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think he is in a good state of mind, looks out of balance. As soon as United went 1-0 down he started slapping the opponents etc, getting away with it because he is a leading player in two of the worlds biggest football brands (United and England).

Luckily for England in the upcoming World Cup, FIFA desperately wants them to win so he and Kane will be playing with a different set of rules compared to everyone else... like we're used to from the PL.

He showed in Leicester that there's a pretty good defender in there, but I think if he wants to get back to that level, he needs to leave United. Would probably be the best thing both for him and his employer. He'll end up like Phil Jones otherwise.

Never been quite the same since Albanian gangsters and corrupt Greek police targeted the innocent Maguire clan.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He was so bad for our first goal - totally lost. Not much better for our second. Then he went into should have been sent off mode. Terrible player - on present form shouldn’t be in the prem.

I totally agree. For our first goal, he was less mobile than an Easter Island statue - yards off the play.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
if Webster can stay fit all season and play on left of a 3 then surely he has to replace ex Villa captain and Man Utd captain in England squad

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's a **** of the highest order and not very good at football.

Leicesters salesman had his best day ever.

I think, along with Mctwattinay, Fred and a few others he'll disappear from Manures first team IF Ten-4-boss-Hog lasts more than a few games.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Roy Keane love him or loathe pulls No punches
When he says these players ain’t good enough
Manure should listen IF they wish to get back to the Fergie years

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I really like RK, the unsmiling assasin.
It's like Sky have dragged a wild, bearded, homeless fella out from under the local railway arches,.. put him in a Paul Smith suit, and told him he is free to say anything he wants.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Roy Keane love him or loathe pulls No punches
When he says these players ain’t good enough
Manure should listen IF they wish to get back to the Fergie years

Lots in the media still don’t get it though. Dion Dublin on MOTD2 last night was still claiming Man U players were better individually than ours. Personally, I don’t think a single one would get in our team. Only when their fans and groupies realise this will they stop re-arranging the managerial deckchairs and realise the size of their task.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here