Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry down to the bare bones already?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saved last season by Bristol City not turning up (either because BC were saving themselves for their match of the season at The Amex, or had blown their last bit off puff against us at \the Amex - can't remember which matches came first). Really hoped they would go down, not for the mass of decent Brummie supporters, but just to give the owners the message that they're a bunch of shites who don't know what they're doing.
That's a bit of good will for Brizzle Shitty gone down the pan, should we ever meet them again.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Saved last season by Bristol City not turning up (either because BC were saving themselves for their match of the season at The Amex, or had blown their last bit off puff against us at \the Amex - can't remember which matches came first). Really hoped they would go down, not for the mass of decent Brummie supporters, but just to give the owners the message that they're a bunch of shites who don't know what they're doing.
That's a bit of good will for Brizzle Shitty gone down the pan, should we ever meet them again.

Wasn't it Huddersfield sending their reserves?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Think it was clear what he was thinking considering they appear to have spent their entire budget on his contract.

Typical ' Arry '.
Pay over the odds for a decent but error prone keeper, when you already have a solid custodian at the club and then start moaning that you need more money to spend.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I still don't get Stocko leaving us for them. I understand leaving to get more money and be nearer home, fair enough, you'd consider it attractive, particularly with charismatic Harry buying you. But having fought for three years to reach the Premier League again/pinnacle of your career, to leave those team mates over a few quid extra per week that you earn enough not to notice, for an extra year contract when as a keeper of his stature he'll get more years anyway somewhere and to miss out on at least one season at the top level, is just strange.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I still don't get Stocko leaving us for them. I understand leaving to get more money and be nearer home, fair enough, you'd consider it attractive, particularly with charismatic Harry buying you. But having fought for three years to reach the Premier League again/pinnacle of your career, to leave those team mates over a few quid extra per week that you earn enough not to notice, for an extra year contract when as a keeper of his stature he'll get more years anyway somewhere and to miss out on at least one season at the top level, is just strange.

I think you're right, it is very strange. Especially given how much he clearly wanted to get us promoted. He seemed to care more than any other player.

I think it must have been a combo of the club going a bit cold on him in negotiations, that pissing him off, then brum offering him silly money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here