Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harper on fire for reserves today

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Not sure he was on fire - played well but helped by a keeper who kept pushing the ball out when saving. Tilly impressed me - he looked like a stronger March and got a decent cross on every time. Without a teamsheet, I had to go on player's calls to pick up who was who and had Harper down as the 8 for a while when he was actually 10. Very pleased as the 8 was average whereas the 10 was lively.

After that, I watched him closely and he seemed very assured and had a good game but didn't look head and shoulders above a pretty poor Fulham side. Was blowing a bit but lasted the game and was encouraging to watch. First time I have seen the U21s for quite a few years and the standard wasn't as high as I imagined but horrendous weather played a big part. Our right back had a shocker and the keeper overplayed and played defenders into trouble more than Stockdale.

They seem to play the same as the front side - lots of possession with quick balls into the channel/outside to the wings with fluid 4-4-2 with rotating midfielders and full backs pushing on whilst covered by CMs. Fulham had probably 4 attacks and scored 3 - the first a woeful back pass. We tested their keeper a few times but no great saves.

Interesting. Thanks for this. :thumbsup:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
T
Not sure he was on fire - played well but helped by a keeper who kept pushing the ball out when saving. Tilly impressed me - he looked like a stronger March and got a decent cross on every time. Without a teamsheet, I had to go on player's calls to pick up who was who and had Harper down as the 8 for a while when he was actually 10. Very pleased as the 8 was average whereas the 10 was lively.

After that, I watched him closely and he seemed very assured and had a good game but didn't look head and shoulders above a pretty poor Fulham side. Was blowing a bit but lasted the game and was encouraging to watch. First time I have seen the U21s for quite a few years and the standard wasn't as high as I imagined but horrendous weather played a big part. Our right back had a shocker and the keeper overplayed and played defenders into trouble more than Stockdale.

They seem to play the same as the front side - lots of possession with quick balls into the channel/outside to the wings with fluid 4-4-2 with rotating midfielders and full backs pushing on whilst covered by CMs. Fulham had probably 4 attacks and scored 3 - the first a woeful back pass. We tested their keeper a few times but no great saves.

Thanks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Cheers for this, good insight

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Of course I meant players'

I am so OCD!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here