Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hard luck Crawley

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hard to feel sorry about Palace Mark II, maybe I will try......nah **** em, they'll be OK as palaces feeder club playing hack and hoof ball in div 4.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So Fulham are a noddy club to Chelsea, Spurs to Arsenal, Everton to Liverpool (remember one was formed to play on the others pitch). Crawley are a team with too many 'big' clubs taking all their support. Be honest, how many Albion fans might have changed to Crawley had we both been in the same league? I wish them (and Whitehawk) well and would like to see them back in Div 1.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Relegation isn't hard luck. Didn't play well enough over 46 games. We'll watch them slowly return to a more reasonable level now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm pretty anti Hughton, but that is definitely not the case. Saunders has three relegations from four clubs. The guy is clueless. This thread from the Wolves board is a lot of fun and tells you all you need to know about Dean Saunders and his management abilities.

Seems a little harsh to blame Wolves failure on him? they where already dead and buried before he took over.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Seems a little harsh to blame Wolves failure on him? they where already dead and buried before he took over.

Saunders took over at Wolves on 7th January, a mere week later than Hughton was appointed here. Wolves were 18th in the table at that time, six points clear of the relegation zone. They were relegated after picking up a mere 20 points in 20 games under Saunders.

Not so harsh when you look at that facts...

Saunders took over at Wolves on 7th January, a mere week later than Hughton was appointed here. Wolves were 18th in the table at that time, six points clear of the relegation zone. They were relegated after picking up a mere 20 points in 20 games under Saunders.

Not so harsh when you look at that facts...

Yes I reluctantly agre with you.

I was at the Crawley game yesterday and chatting to fans, it was a fascinating insight into fan sentiment and how it can be so strong yet be so puzzlingly flawed. For them, Gregory is the devil and Saunders the angel who fell from heaven. In reality they've ended up with somewhat similar records, Saunders slightly better but not a lot in it.

With Crawley 1-0 up and above the drop zone yesterday with 20 minutes to go, the fans were chanting his name and Saunders turned round away from the pitch (ball was in play) and started waving and basking in the applause.

I was utterly gobsmacked and couldnt believe he was already starting his lap of honour. What happened next had a touch of inevitability about it.

But I think the fans sentiment thing can be positive, it's about Crawley fans trying to find some unity in a bad season. They've used Saunders to do that even though I don't think he was worthy of it. Crawley are better off in League 2 as their finances cannot sustain anything but being whipping boys in League 1. Next season they may consolidate and win more games to keep their fans happier.

I support Crawley like I support all Sussex clubs trying to better themselves, Eastbourne Lewes Burgess Hill etc - and will go to Boreham Wod next weekend hopefully to see Whitehawk go up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Judging by the way they treated our friendly, with them last pre-season, as a mixed martial arts display rather than football, they deserved the drop.

Well we've agreed to another one soon so not sure it's quite the bloodbath you think it was.

Yates is a safe pair of hands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here