hard BREXIT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where I work there is a very high turn over of staff and the majority are black, Muslim and foreign not British. Every Monday an average of 3 new workers stay and 3 leave. I think this is a lot to do with the job as well as the people.. I also believe a lot are pushed rather than leave. I have no idea whether they are paid minimum wage or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Most probably driven by low rates of pay, its an obvious template where migrant labour is used.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
i was hoping for a response that would show who is currently proposing or promising workers rights and health and safety rights will be reduced after we leave.
You seem to have swerved off into a little barney against the Tories. This does seem to be a common theme amongst some remainers, rant against The Tories rather than provide evidence.
On the plus side this mind set does show the general realisation amongst many that the Tories will remain in power for a very long time. There is zero belief that Jeremy will be in no 10 in 2020 and will be in a position to repeal or leave as is, legislation that has been adopted from the EU when we have left.

stay out of the barrels chap, they wont you........great if you are still celebrating though.
There won't even be an election til 2020...Sorry if you feel the quotes are not relative, I did go straight to the horses mouth rather than find the statements from sources you despise. many Tory MP's are rabid in their support of " Cutting Red Tape " i.e. being able to dump inconvenient employment or H&S laws.. If you can't see this then words fail me.

But, be assured, hard or soft Brexit will not benefit the many.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The wage structure was the same, the cost of living was the same.

No its not if you compare the work and the salary to Poland, even if they saved 20% of their minimum wage (if thats what they are on) @ £50.00 a week that is equivalent to a weeks minimum wage work back home in Poland.

Polish havent arrived in their millions to live here even though many undoubtedly might, they came here to work and to claim any in work benefits that compare favourably to their native countries, why do you think we are having such inward migration ??

Jan 30, 2008
The Govt has no control over whether foreign companies decide to manufacture here or not. They can offer sweeteners but that's about it. I was talking to a client quite high up in Ford who told me that they will not be manufacturing engines in the U.K. In 10 years time due to world trade tariffs. That's a lot of jobs going.
better off telling the unions that rather than you ???
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No its not if you compare the work and the salary to Poland, even if they saved 20% of their minimum wage (if thats what they are on) @ £50.00 a week that is equivalent to a weeks minimum wage work back home in Poland.

Polish havent arrived in their millions to live here even though many undoubtedly might, they came here to work and to claim any in work benefits that compare favourably to their native countries, why do you think we are having such inward migration ??

I'm glad they came over here during the 40s. There were Polish squadrons fighting for us. They can come over here as much as they want as far as I'm concerned.
Many of them return to Poland also, after working here, but that doesn't get publicised as much by the press. I wonder why?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Over complicated for some it seems.

The Brexit vote indicated that a majority did not wish to see the UK remain as a member of the EU. It did not provide any guidance/mandate for what should replace this or any indication of time-frame. Anything from a simple cosmetic adjustment to the relationship to pulling up the drawbridge completely would fulfill the wishes of the prebiscite technically if not morally.

Although it may well be that the ending of freedom of labour was a motivation for the majority of the 52%, others had different reasons; businesses wanted exemption from EU employment law; the extreme left saw the EU as a capitalist cartel etc. It is quite likely that the last 2 would want open borders and in a close vote their numbers could have been significant. The reality is that we have nothing from the referendum process to indicate the proportions of each of these groups. There is anecdotal evidence which indicates that ending free movement is an essential element of any outcome for a large number of people but this has no official status. So, it is actually quite complicated as there is no democratic mandate for either hard or soft Brexit and a lot of people could be very unhappy when they don't get what they were expecting.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm glad they came over here during the 40s. There were Polish squadrons fighting for us. They can come over here as much as they want as far as I'm concerned.
Many of them return to Poland also, after working here, but that doesn't get publicised as much by the press. I wonder why?

I agree, my Dad speaks extremely fondly of them and of their bravery, but that cannot justify not challenging some very important consequences of mass immigration on UK citizens, its about sustainability.

There have been more than a million Poles turn up to work here, I was just pointing out why they are here and how this might effect UK workers, the press are not likely to comment on those returning to Poland as the number is dwarfed by those coming here that's why they use net migration statistics.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
How can there really be a plan, when EVERYTHING is down to negotiations? I despair at this constant crap from the Remainers saying there is no plan. There can't be a frigging plan, as it's unchartered territory. We have to negotiate with the EU.

Brexit could say: We are only going to agree to X & Y. EU say, that's unacceptable. So, the plan fails. So FFS, all you Remainers, stop going on about a plan, because there can never be a plan when there are other parties involved (well, 27 other countries to be exact, plus the ideologues of the EU who are so blind to the damage their EU plan is having on the continent),

I have to say I am agnostic about the result of the referendum, and I will wait to see whether Brexit has been a success post the negotiations with the EU and then look at the result of the trade deals that are then negotiated with the rest of the world after that.

However, it does concern me at the moment that you have the Vulcan John Redwoood at one end of the scale and Boris at the other spouting their view of what Brexit should mean. I am also concerned that Brexit has been split between 3 different Cabinet/Government ministries, with 3 different levels of belief in what Brexit means. I would have preferred just the one team with a unified brief as to what it is they want to achieve, even if this has not been shared with us yet. I do get that they cannot show their negotiating hand yet though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree, my Dad speaks extremely fondly of them and of their bravery, but that cannot justify not challenging some very important consequences of mass immigration on UK citizens, its about sustainability.

There have been more than a million Poles turn up to work here, I was just pointing out why they are here and how this might effect UK workers, the press are not likely to comment on those returning to Poland as the number is dwarfed by those coming here that's why they use net migration statistics.

Net migration figures for last year. Not millions and they weren't all EU citizens.

Net migration of European Union (EU) citizens showed an increase of 42,000 to 180,000, with the number from countries outside the bloc also up 36,000 to 201,000
In all, 294,000 people migrated to the UK for work, two thirds of whom had a definite job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34931725

Jan 30, 2008

you would say that it probably doesn't affect you , Big Gullys right , the one's coming over 10 years ago were mainly students living 10 to a house in some cases BUNK BEDS WERE THE IN THING, where i was working it had a negative affect as they came in via agencies so the company were prepared to pay say £12 an hour to the agency but cut full time staff over time because the Poles and other EASTERN European's were a CHEAPER OPTION to do the overtime ..............fair deal eh:angry:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
The Brexit vote indicated that a majority did not wish to see the UK remain as a member of the EU. It did not provide any guidance/mandate for what should replace this or any indication of time-frame. Anything from a simple cosmetic adjustment to the relationship to pulling up the drawbridge completely would fulfill the wishes of the prebiscite technically if not morally.

Although it may well be that the ending of freedom of labour was a motivation for the majority of the 52%, others had different reasons; businesses wanted exemption from EU employment law; the extreme left saw the EU as a capitalist cartel etc. It is quite likely that the last 2 would want open borders and in a close vote their numbers could have been significant. The reality is that we have nothing from the referendum process to indicate the proportions of each of these groups. There is anecdotal evidence which indicates that ending free movement is an essential element of any outcome for a large number of people but this has no official status. So, it is actually quite complicated as there is no democratic mandate for either hard or soft Brexit and a lot of people could be very unhappy when they don't get what they were expecting.
take the medicine.......... SHORT TERM SIDE EFFECTS FOR LONG TERM EFFECTIVE RELIEF
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have to say I am agnostic about the result of the referendum, and I will wait to see whether Brexit has been a success post the negotiations with the EU and then look at the result of the trade deals that are then negotiated with the rest of the world after that.

However, it does concern me at the moment that you have the Vulcan John Redwoood at one end of the scale and Boris at the other spouting their view of what Brexit should mean. I am also concerned that Brexit has been split between 3 different Cabinet/Government ministries, with 3 different levels of belief in what Brexit means. I would have preferred just the one team with a unified brief as to what it is they want to achieve, even if this has not been shared with us yet. I do get that they cannot show their negotiating hand yet though.

Accepting that Redwood is uneasy on the eye and who can ever see or hear him without visualising the Welsh national anthem debacle ;), I recall at a time when I was happy to join the Euro if it was going to deliver what most Europhiles were promising and he put a strong and articulate argument of its weaknesses and how he felt it would pan out, he was swimming against the tide but called it correctly, so I now dont dismiss his views as readily as perhaps other might, but that national anthem that bloody national anthem ...................

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I agree this country has some events in the past which aren't things to boast about.

But, there's a lot of good we have done for some of the countries too which we colonised. Legal systems, infrastructure, etc.

And, sometimes after control is ceded to the native population things go to rat-shit anyway. Look at Zimbabwe & South-Africa. The level of corruption and brutality is high. It's quite easy to take a righteous view, but the reality is things are often way more complicated.

Indeed they are and we do have a lot to be grateful for in Britain however, my comments were aimed at those who laud our "Greatness" and are ignorant of or deliberately ignore the fact that we awarded ourselves that title on the back of such immense human suffering and misery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports