Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Happy Valley

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry Weststander I've got to disagree, the scene in the house was the BBC doing what they used to best, classic drama, she won, the evil TLR admitted Ryan had a better life without him, he wasn't going back to prison so the inferno was the only answer, then she solved a murder enquiry on her last day in the space of 2 minutes as she packed her desk up showing the Dec Superintendent how basic policing is done, before the fitting final scene at her daughters grave, really poignant scenes, the ultimate full stop on the end of the sentence.

And like Gervais with The Office and Extras, she's out with the nation wanting more.
He’d already taken packets of pills, washed down with Scotch.

I love BBC dramas including all 3 series of this, bar the protracted shouting competition that finished it off.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Final 15 minutes was a damp squib.

The two relentlessly swearing/ranting at each other about family, actors tears and then the human inferno when he was already dying from packets of paracetamol.

This is often the way after hype and the BBC certainly plugged it to the nth degree last week.

Not memorable or special at all. Unlike Line of Duty series endings.

Sarah Lanchashire the star.
It seems we're in the minority but I was also disappointed with the final episode. Why weren't the police watching her house, knowing TLR was on the loose and likely to be after her? Also, why the hell would she go in knowing someone, most likely him, was inside, possibly armed? The partial redemption of TLR was unexpected and a good twist but the slanging match distracted from it for me. 6/10.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It seems we're in the minority but I was also disappointed with the final episode. Why weren't the police watching her house, knowing TLR was on the loose and likely to be after her? Also, why the hell would she go in knowing someone, most likely him, was inside, possibly armed? The partial redemption of TLR was unexpected and a good twist but the slanging match distracted from it for me. 6/10.
There were lots of silly things like that. But I don’t mind poetic licence.

When the WPC was murdered, think Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone, the entire area would’ve been swarming with 100’s of armed police until the suspect was caught. Instead 20 coppers had a team meeting. As you say, a mass murderer on the loose, who showed his hate for her at the funeral, yet her home had no security or stake outs.

Police dramas have to be completely unrealistic, otherwise they’d be dull.

It was the tennis match of shouting and slagging off that was a dull finale for me. I was waiting for the big surprise, the defining moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here