Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Happy Valley

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We’ve recently started series 1, so I deliberately didn’t read any of the posts above :lolol: .

It’s really good and Sarah Lancashire’s fantastic.

The deliberate change in feel over episodes was interesting. It started off in a very gentle and wandering way, the police taking a soft touch approach in allowing locals/mates off of stuff. Then swiftly escalating with the brutality of Tommy (James Norton), the provincial police caught cold.
Don't forget to check your luggage before travelling on holiday 😉

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
No spoilers...but what a finale. So sad it's over. Sunday's evenings will not be the same. BAFTAs all round I think.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Great series and ending. Very pleased now finished and will be fondly remembered. Unlike Call of Duty which was about 3 series too many and total waste of viewing time by the end.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great series and ending. Very pleased now finished and will be fondly remembered. Unlike Call of Duty which was about 3 series too many and total waste of viewing time by the end.
The video game? :lol:

There's going to be another series, apparently (LOD, not HV).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
90% of that final episode was excellent, but the last 10 minutes was phoned in.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's shockingly bad though isn't it? Entertaining but that storely line with the 16 year old that supposedly is unaware that his dad raped/abused his Mum, thinks his mum died in childbirth, is unable to serch t't web to find out what his dad really did and why he's still inside etc etc. Meanwhile a close relative of the abused/dead girl is equally clueless about what happened, because lets face it no one would be discussing it in the local town would they, and t't interet is the devils work? Talk about leap of faith! But yes, entertaining if you blank it all out
Yes, but, as my wife often says to me when I make such observations, it’s only a TV programme.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Caught the final 5 minutes for the only time I've tuned in whilst waiting for the news. My 2 thoughts were :

1. No one seemed very Happy
2. Silvester De Sousa was nowhere in sight (niche racing joke for all you all weather fans out there)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Never seen it but just from the advert clips it's got to be the biggest mis named TV program ever?

It looks all misery and upset.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’d agree with that. 2 side storyline endings rushed for me and not given satisfactory endings (I won’t say what for spoiling).

Otherwise, great show and gutted it’s finished.
I'd say that first bit was in keeping with what happened at the end of the previous two series. The side stories were dealt with, but the end results weren't ever directly referred to. I guess if there was any more emphasis on those bits it would take away the impact of the main final scenes, which were – it has to be said – pretty impressive.

This is a really good read and highlights the attention to detail to achieve the end result

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yes, but, as my wife often says to me when I make such observations, it’s only a TV programme.
I get told that I'm ruining it for everyone. Just let me enjoy it she says.

Can't remember what awful series it was now but ten minutes in I said - "So he's done it then". terrible abuse I got for calling it correctly. Can't win.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I get told that I'm ruining it for everyone. Just let me enjoy it she says.

Can't remember what awful series it was now but ten minutes in I said - "So he's done it then". terrible abuse I got for calling it correctly. Can't win.
I went through a stage of not enjoying Bond films because I thought they were too far-fetched and unrealistic. Then I reminded myself that OF COURSE they are – that's the whole point! :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Final 15 minutes was a damp squib.

The two relentlessly swearing/ranting at each other about family, actors tears and then the human inferno when he was already dying from packets of paracetamol.

This is often the way after hype and the BBC certainly plugged it to the nth degree last week.

Not memorable or special at all. Unlike Line of Duty series endings.

Sarah Lanchashire the star.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

The two relentlessly swearing/ranting at each other about family, actors tears and then the human inferno when he was already dying from packets of paracetamol.

This is often the way after hype and the BBC certainly plugged it to the nth degree last week.

No spoilers then? 😂😂

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Sorry Weststander I've got to disagree, the scene in the house was the BBC doing what they used to best, classic drama, she won, the evil TLR admitted Ryan had a better life without him, he wasn't going back to prison so the inferno was the only answer, then she solved a murder enquiry on her last day in the space of 2 minutes as she packed her desk up showing the Dec Superintendent how basic policing is done, before the fitting final scene at her daughters grave, really poignant scenes, the ultimate full stop on the end of the sentence.

And like Gervais with The Office and Extras, she's out with the nation wanting more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here