Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Happy St George's day

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Having recently discovered I am second generation German from Frankfurt & Bad Sobernheim areas, I am not sure I can partake in this show of patriotism or throw plastic chairs at random foreign folk here or aboard.

#ConfusedAnglosaxon

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Having recently discovered I am second generation German from Frankfurt & Bad Sobernheim areas, I am not sure I can partake in this show of patriotism or throw plastic chairs at random foreign folk here or aboard.

#ConfusedAnglosaxon

Could you at least see your way to shouting at a foreigner or two? It'd really help the cause.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
An alternate to St George's Day would have to be some time in the summer whatever it's for.

I'm just not sure that Independence Day in the States would have been the resounding success it is had they declared it some time in January rather than July 4. Scraping the ice of the barbie doesn't quite have the same appeal as sitting under the sunshade with a beer and some spare ribs

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No problem with that, but surely there must be something slightly more recent and interesting than this St George bloke?

Maybe we should have a St Alban’s day - the first English martyr.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm going to start a petition for Alec Scott Day with a Rylan Day later in the year for gender balance.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We have a wealth of traditional English festivals. Plough Monday, Hocktide, Mid-Summer to name but a few. I doubt most of the flag waving porkers would know a thing about them.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Really not a great deal to celebrate given our history and present situation but I am going to the pub later for the first time in 8 months which is something to be pleased about.

What a strange post, I for one am proud of our history and everything that made this country great. To all the people who complain about the old empire and our history it hasn't stopped them coming here to moan about it. Nor does it stop the boats coming across the channel to enjoy what we have. To all patriotic citizens Happy St Georges Day.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
of course, the British electorate rejected the party that were going to make this a bank holiday

so have a great day at work and have a happy St George's day if it means something to you

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Other nations have a special annual day, so why not the English? .

I'm assuming it is that we are quite a secular nation and it is a saint's day that not more is made of it. Personally I'd love some celebrations or festivities.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

#ConfusedAnglosaxon

Maybe throw sausages at them instead?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Good to see the club acknowledging our national day

Regards
DF

v2yl0M.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here