Bath, Somerset.
Happy Shortest Day day.

Shortest day
Footballs back
World Cup winner in our team
Santas coming in a few days
In the top 7 at Christmas

What more could you want?
Always good to know that from now on, the evenings will slowly get lighter until next June.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Bugger. The nights start drawing in for me now😫

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It wasn't the shortest day. All our days are 24 hours. It may have been the shortest in terms of daylight, but there is no such thing as the shortest day. Silly boy!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Photo: Jesus Pelaez
Burgos, Spain

Solstice.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This may be only where I live but December 21 was not the day where the sun sets the earliest but the shortest day because the sun comes up the latest on the shortest day of the year.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh yes very happy... 20 hours of darkness and four gray, cloudy ones... what's not to like.
You guys generally get better summers than us, not a lot of people know that. In vaguely related news, if I was Mitoma, Mac Allister, Caicedo et al, retuning from Qatar to this dark, cold, rain-soaked shit hole (the UK) I’d be requesting a transfer to La Liga, Serie A or even the Greek Super League asap. :lolol: No amount of PL wages can smooth that one over.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It wasn't the shortest day. All our days are 24 hours. It may have been the shortest in terms of daylight, but there is no such thing as the shortest day. Silly boy!
The orbit is elliptical, so not all days are 24 hours. This is why we have a leap year. But the OP is of course referring to the length of day light.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here