Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Roberto De Zerbi Day

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One year ago today this happened. Little did we know what a master stroke Tony Bloom had pulled off.

One year on -

And we are doing this to Champions League sides -

Lets hope to see a lot more of this over the next year starting Thursday night when we make our Europa League debut (who ever thought we'd be able to type things like that on NSC).

Grazie Roberto.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I know we gave CH the key to the City, the way RDZ is going we are going to have give him the City.
what an incredible exciting year it‘s been.

I am just about to buy a ticket, if possible, to watch Brighton play away at Merseille in Europa League. Un-*ucking-believable. I don’t know why but it makes feel a bit emotional thinking about it.

I love this club more then is actually healthy, what Roberto De-Zerbi has done to it in one short year is incredible, love him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's the first time I've seen the Groß goal in its entirety – what a thing of beauty!

All hail the mighty RDZ with his big balls :bowdown:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know we gave CH the key to the City, the way RDZ is going we are going to have give him the City.
what an incredible exciting year it‘s been.

I am just about to buy a ticket, if possible, to watch Brighton play away at Merseille in Europa League. Un-*ucking-believable. I don’t know why but it makes feel a bit emotional thinking about it.

I love this club more then is actually healthy, what Roberto De-Zerbi has done to it in one short year is incredible, love him.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There is no ceiling to RDZ. All the time we're able to keep him at the football club, there is no ceiling for us either and it will be dramatically easier to attract and keep players. We should be talking to him about a new contract and putting big incentives in there for him, he's worth every penny.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
One year ago today this happened. Little did we know what a master stroke Tony Bloom had pulled off.

One year on -

And we are doing this to Champions League sides -

Lets hope to see a lot more of this over the next year starting Thursday night when we make our Europa League debut (who ever thought we'd be able to type things like that on NSC).

Grazie Roberto.

Some of the responses to that first tweet from the official account by rival fans have turned out to be spectacularly wrong. Especially this guy:

You lot with time on your hands definitely don't want to be quote tweeting him to remind him how things have turned out since his Souness-level bit of punditry.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some of the responses to that first tweet from the official account by rival fans have turned out to be spectacularly wrong. Especially this guy:

You lot with time on your hands definitely don't want to be quote tweeting him to remind him how things have turned out since his Souness-level bit of punditry.
Oh yeah! I wonder what the berk makes of him now?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The RDZ different gravy effect is highlighted below:

Current headline on BBC site 'Aaron Ramsdale, Arsenal manager Arteta plays down replacing England keeper with David Raya'. Contrast that with Jason Steeles post match interview In which the issue of goalie rotation is mentioned, Steele responds, "He (RDZ) changed my life last season, anything he wants to do is fine by me". That's the difference, that's the RDZ factor, that's different gravy.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My Mrs frowned at me watching MOTD Sat when I said I think I love him as much as her. Selfish.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My Mrs frowned at me watching MOTD Sat when I said I think I love him as much as her. Selfish.
My husband just accepted it when I told him that I loved RDZ and a had bit of a crush. He said that if he loved football as much as me then he probably would too. Which is why I love him more and we will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary this year

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The RDZ different gravy effect is highlighted below:

Current headline on BBC site 'Aaron Ramsdale, Arsenal manager Arteta plays down replacing England keeper with David Raya'. Contrast that with Jason Steeles post match interview In which the issue of goalie rotation is mentioned, Steele responds, "He (RDZ) saved my life last season, anything he wants to do is fine by me". That's the difference, that's the RDZ factor, that's different gravy.
Steele actually said Roberto had "changed" his life last season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Steele actually said Roberto had "changed" his life last season.
Unlike Hull Manager Phil Brown that actually saved someones life when he talked them down from jumping off the Humber Bridge when out for a training run.

Other than he didn;'t and just made the story up.

or is it me and my strange memory - perhaps I'm Phil Brown. Oh bollocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here