Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy new year! Have a great 1930!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am allowed to vote. And maybe one day I'd like to return.

Fair play. So if the country really picks up/suits you, then you might return. If not, then you have the choice not to.
Personally i do not think people should be allowed to vote if they do not reside in this country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have a spare 'N' left over from my christmas scrabble if you want it?

It's only worth the extra point, but, we did once coin a verb that describes the actions of such people-simply adding 'itude' on the end.

'The actions of these politicians are pure C**titude'

12 points for that. It's not in the Collins yet though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually,I think you'll find that when labour took over in 1997,after Major,they couldn't believe how stable and financially sound the economy was.

If the economy was so sound why did they lose the election? And why did they lose it by such a huge margin?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If the economy was so sound why did they lose the election? And why did they lose it by such a huge margin?

Because the economy is only one element of a political party's policy ? Major dismantled the NHS considerably and people were fed up with Tory rule. Much the same reason Labour lost the 2010 election ( well and that they were financially incompetent ).

PS - Happy New Year you adopted German EU loving, great food critic, Albion suppoting leftie :wink:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Pizza

Dec 27, 2014
Sheffield/London/Brighton
No matter what the current gov't would have you think, running a country is not like running a household ie having a budget deficit is not inherently bad.

Under Osbornomics our chancellor pledged to:
Keep AAA credit rating - nope
Eradicate deficit by 2015 - he has just over 4 hours
Reduce gov't borrowing - he has borrowed more than every other Labour gov't in history combined

Another myth is that Labour caused this financial meltdown - utter bullocks.
In the words of John Prescott (and I'm sure everyone's opinions of him are measured and unbiased) 'History will rightly be very kind to Gordon Brown. It'll be brutal to Osborne'

Happy New Year, and try to refrain from ad hominem arguments.

Make it a new years resolution?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
remind me, who was it that introduced tuition fees? and decreeded that dozens of roles required degrees rather than other qualifications?

Fair point and something I oppose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Because the economy is only one element of a political party's policy ? Major dismantled the NHS considerably and people were fed up with Tory rule. Much the same reason Labour lost the 2010 election ( well and that they were financially incompetent ).

PS - Happy New Year you adopted German EU loving, great food critic, Albion suppoting leftie :wink:

Seconded...:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I take it you will be watching that traditional old comic film Germans watch every New Year ?

I have seen Dinner for One but it was some time ago now.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can you explain how the Tories would have avoided the global crisis then?
Although no government can avoid borrowing...Labour went over the top...Tax,spend,open door immigration...it's how much you you limit these policies...I know,let's sell our gold reserves ...at the lowest ebb of the market...that alone cost billions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here