Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Hereford away Anniversary

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Also i remember when the whistle went Roy chutter (rip) just picked me up and started swinging me around

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I was somewhere in the melee behind the goal. Arrived in Hereford with about 20 minutes before kick off, but had rolled enough doobies for several hours. Had to chain smoke super fast and drifted in utterly wrecked and unbearable thirsty. When they scored I sobered up instantly and it wasn't until we scored that it dawned on me that was all we needed to do.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My main memory is George Ogana missing a sitter in the last minute. It happened so quickly and only dawned on me afterwards how close it all was. I think Baird may have been through on goal before then and I was really worried we could have blown it.

I was seated in with the Hereford fans. I was spoken to and told them I was from Bournemouth (I know the area in case I was questioned) and I was doing 'the 92'.

After the full time whistle I passed by a crying child and somehow found myself into the away end. I could celebrate properly then.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
My in laws lived in Hereford. They bought 3 tickets a matter of metres from the directors box, eons before anyone knew of the significance of the match. Suffice to say, I wasn't very popular when we equalised, or at the final whistle.............

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Started in the home end. The section I was in shared some toilets with the away end (I think we were given a section normally given to home fans), so I got into the away end. My switch was sometime between the two goals.

The home seats we had were just below the commentary area and Gerry Ryan was in it. He clocked me and my dad as we only lived one road away from The Witch so gone there regularly enough for him to recognise us.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Unfortunately for me I was working days that day, nothing doing really just normal mundane stuff, which I fitted around listening to R5Live, and after hearing rhe result, a resounding scream emitted from my gob.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ah, how annoying....if the camera man had just adjusted his picture a bit further to his right (on the second picture) I'd be able to see myself!! Not sure why, but I wore a bright green New York Cosmos shirt that day (of the Pele era!!!)

SO MANY MEMORIES FROM THAT DAY, both good and bad.....from literally chain smoking 4 cigarettes at half-time, to feeling sick with nerves, to the relief of the win (and the amazing bundle when we scored!) to avoiding the big punch-up in the cattle market car park after the game (just!) and the great journey home in the minibus.

WHAT A DAY :)

You in this lot ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here