Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Europe Day everybody!!!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hoping that the decent Muslim son of a bus driver brought up in a council flat in Tooting candidate for the Mayor of London defeats the nasty xenophobic devious racist campaign of the posh rich boy, thereby indicating that the British people can rise above the cr@p.

You forgot to mention his Jewish heritage. Hope you are applying the same standards in judging Goldsmith as you did with Shah and Livingstone :whistle:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tonight I'm thinking of an Ouzo aperitif, escargot starter; followed by fish and chips with some sauerkraut on the side; a bottle of Valpolicella, a Panettone bread pudding soaked in Spanish brandy, followed by an Irish coffee and perhaps some Polish Vodka chasers.

jesus,you will need a stainless steel sick bucket made in china after all that

never, never start with ouzo

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You forgot to mention his Jewish heritage. Hope you are applying the same standards in judging Goldsmith as you did with Shah and Livingstone :whistle:

I didn't judge Shah and Livingstone at all. I don't think I commented anywhere on here about it at all.

And it's not necessarily Goldsmith himself, who I always thought was a half decent bloke, although I disagree with his politics. It's those who sort the details of his campaign, and so it's more about dirty politics than racism.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Or finish with it! Or be tempted to do anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I didn't judge Shah and Livingstone at all.

But you judge Khan on his religion and Goldsmith on his accent.

Your inverted snobbery is quite something given what you have described of your background and current situation on here, there's a fair few who would regard you as talking from a position of privilege.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tonight I'm thinking of an Ouzo aperitif, escargot starter; followed by fish and chips with some sauerkraut on the side; a bottle of Valpolicella, a Panettone bread pudding soaked in Spanish brandy, followed by an Irish coffee and perhaps some Polish Vodka chasers.

A fine spread, room for one more?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

A word to the wise when it comes to ouzo,Pernod or any other aniseed flavoured spirits. NEVER I repeat NEVER drink a bottle of it in a phone box outside stairways nightclub in Birkenhead immediately before you try to launch a romantic attack on the bird you fancied all year at college.

THAT my friends was a disaster.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But you judge Khan on his religion and Goldsmith on his accent.

Your inverted snobbery is quite something given what you have described of your background and current situation on here, there's a fair few who would regard you as talking from a position of privilege.

I would openly admit to inverted snobbery.

I don't think I am judging Sadiq Khan on his religion at all - in fact possibly quite the opposite. If I was in London I would be voting for him without reservation.

I said earlier on in this thread that the "rich kid" bit was a bit of an aside. The main thrust of what I was saying was about the nature of the campaign, which isn't necessarily of his making.

I don't have a particular problem with wealth. It's some people's attitudes and judgementalism that are mostly born out of ignorance of things thar are beyond their experience that gets me.

Position of privilege perhaps in that I went to a good University, but I am not sitting here in a big house on a pile of money, but I have got two great kids who are happily settled, a 3 year-old granddaughter who is wonderful, and a wife of nearly 40 years with whom I am very happy, so I am not complaining, jealous or bitter about anything, as some people seem to think. I just like to think I am socially aware.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh well this "Happy European Day" (really ??) is nearly over, can not say that i knew about it, was not mentioned by anyone i know all day.
Hopefully we will be out of Europe by the time this fictitious "celebration" comes around again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I won't be celebrating. Instead I'll be commiserating the poor sods that live in the Eurozone by eating a roast beef dinner followed by treacle tart and custard. I'll then sit outside in the last of the bright sunshine sipping on bubbles from Ditchling whilst burning the EU flag in my fire pit.

That went down well :whistle::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Today was my best mate's birthday, and we celebrated by watching his hometown side get through to the Europa league final. I had no ide it was Europe day, but some scouse, getting the chance to play in a European final seems apt. Oh, hang on, the final is in Basel . . . . so you can be in a EUFA final and not play it in Europe (the Union) bit). . .This must mean that Switzerland owes its own success in European football by being not in Europe. OK (keep with me here) this means. . . that we can Brexit and still have the best football in Europe by hosting the Europa cup final in England. Possibly in Cardiff? Logically, its Trump and Brexit for me, then :O:mad::facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't have a particular problem with wealth. It's some people's attitudes and judgementalism that are mostly born out of ignorance of things thar are beyond their experience that gets me.

always find this objection odd as we expect politicans to deal with policy on a range of ares, health, education, defense, welfare etc, that they have no direct experience of working in and managing. experience of being educated or seeing a GP means sweet FA in my ability to manage or direct policy on national eduction and healthcare, yet somehow being wealthy or well educated means less ability in this? most politicans rely on the preconceived ideas of how to approach policy areas and, in the main, advisors working in the area (with agendas). so it comes down to not liking someones policy because it doesnt fit with ones preconceived ideas and politics, and a healthy dose of prejudice of their wealth/education. for my money i hope the better education allows someone to cut through some of the nonsense and understand better, alas we know thats not always the case, and usually party politics trumps sensible productive policy. and they tend to look short term when most issues are long term, so by the time a problem is evident, its a decade after the flawed policy, and the "fix" will take a decade or two to bear fruit. so they do something that isnt necessarily good for the purpose of being seen to do something. gone off a bit there, carry on with the Europe love in/bashing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh well this "Happy European Day" (really ??) is nearly over, can not say that i knew about it, was not mentioned by anyone i know all day.
Hopefully we will be out of Europe by the time this fictitious "celebration" comes around again.

Exactly. Happy European Day - clearly almost as great a success as the Euro in Greece. Stuff it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here