Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy club?!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I guess for the first year of ffp it's all about finding the loopholes.

Haven't we got accountants that can find the loopholes too?

We'll find out in March when the financial accounts are announced. I reckon a lot of debt will get shifted into last years accounts so that the accounts for this season scrape into the FFP guidelines. There are no penalties imposed for a loss in the 12/13 season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FFP or not, we're still losing 8m a year.

Then the club has a fatally flawed business plan and always has had. Given the size of the ground and the huge take-on of season tickets and the way we all pig out out on pies and beers like there's no tomorrow, then this is about as good a revenue-spinner as its going to get. Only room for further profit is to whack up the ticket prices substantially and/or build a hotel. Oh.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Then the club has a fatally flawed business plan and always has had. Given the size of the ground and the huge take-on of season tickets and the way we all pig out out on pies and beers like there's no tomorrow, then this is about as good a revenue-spinner as its going to get. Only room for further profit is to whack up the ticket prices substantially and/or build a hotel. Oh.

Or cut back on the biggest cost by far to the club: the playing budget.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I would not think the club are very with happy Agustiens contribution so far TBH !

This guy really rates himself but yet cannot hold down a first team place,so much that the club go and sign another midfielder thus sacrificing signing a much needed forward who can put the ball in the net! Get on with it Kemy and let your football do the talking. Who signed him anyway?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

A brand new stadium still needs money spent on it to keep it in good nick. The Goldstone never had any serious money spent on improvements/repairs during the last 30 years we were there apart from the Lego Stand and a new roof on the North Stand.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
In answer to your question and bearing in mind the sort of spending we are likely to be making being the Albion, (We are not going to be the biggest spenders), the minimum I would like to hope is:

Bridcutt, (Yes, I know we've got Ince but can he stay consistent for the rest of the season? We, at the very least, need a decent 2nd for this role.)

Crofts. (If Stephens doesn't fill them boots.)

Buckley. (A shell of a player he was when he joined us. And even then, his moments of brilliance were only moments. Generally not consistent enough throughout his Albion career.)

Lopez. (See above with perhaps a little more than just "moments of brilliance")

I'd like to say more, but we clearly ain't a moneybags club...

I think we will have to be more ruthless than that, we have seven players out of contract this summer; Bruno, Upson, Lopez, Orlandi, Ward, Andrews & Kuz and five of these are sadly past their sell by date.

Greer is probably only good for cover next season and Agustien doesn't seem to figure in the plans.

There is a possibilty that Buckley and Ulloa may be off this summer.

That's a total of eleven players who may leave in the summer and most of them, (not all of them) are only average Championship players at best.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This guy really rates himself but yet cannot hold down a first team place,so much that the club go and sign another midfielder thus sacrificing signing a much needed forward who can put the ball in the net! Get on with it Kemy and let your football do the talking. Who signed him anyway?

I got a feeling Kemy might be the new Dobbie , purchased with too much of a reputation of being a good player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think we will have to be more ruthless than that, we have seven players out of contract this summer; Bruno, Upson, Lopez, Orlandi, Ward, Andrews & Kuz and five of these are sadly past their sell by date.

Greer is probably only good for cover next season and Agustien doesn't seem to figure in the plans.

There is a possibilty that Buckley and Ulloa may be off this summer.

That's a total of eleven players who may leave in the summer and most of them, (not all of them) are only average Championship players at best.

A clearout in the summer might be what Oscar is thinking too so that he can bring in replacements to improve the squad.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
A clearout in the summer might be what Oscar is thinking too so that he can bring in replacements to improve the squad.

I think that is probably the case and HOPE this is why we spent no money in Jan in order to give oscar more scope in the summer when there is better value about and free transfers. Though Jonah's comments today seem to dispel that theory.
Just wish someone would shut the players up in the mean time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Given the apparent reduction in wages, we can only imagine the level of quality those players will be.

Surely of those mentioned we would try to keep Upson and Orlandi? Try and sign Ward and hope Kuszczak can be persuaded to stay.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I think this is the case. If we fluked promotion most of the players couldn't cut it in the Prem and they would have to leave this summer, and because they aren't good enough to win promotion they will have to go this summer.

Essentially we are working with an old and patched up Poyet team.

Oscars future team will consist of Ince, March, JFC, Stephens, Rodders, Monakana, Obika, Crofts, KLL and hopefully Kuz if we can keep him and possibly Ward. It would be good for CMS and Hoskins to revive their careers here. This summer when players contracts are over we will have to get ten new ones in to freshen things up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Given the apparent reduction in wages, we can only imagine the level of quality those players will be.

Surely of those mentioned we would try to keep Upson and Orlandi? Try and sign Ward and hope Kuszczak can be persuaded to stay.

I don't even know about Orlandi being strong, fit or fast enough for a promotion push let alone play in the Prem. Handy back up squad member at best or coaching at the Academy is his future.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't even know about Orlandi being strong, fit or fast enough for a promotion push let alone play in the Prem. Handy back up squad member at best or coaching at the Academy is his future.

I do agree to a point, and I really do feel we shold look to improve the squad, but chasing players like Conway and signing Agustein makes me wonder as to what our aspirations actually are.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not so sure, there is definitely unrest within the players, the interviews that Bruno and Ward gave were indicative of this, and Kemy's tweets add weight to matter. A lot of fans were unhappy by the apparent lack of investment in the window, we're falling behind in the play off race, we haven't played particularly well all season and there isn't anything to suggest that's about to change.

I've only heard a bit of the Ward interview and nothing of Bruno so i cant comment...re K AUG. i'll pass he gives me the impression of a suspect attitude anway

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I do agree to a point, and I really do feel we shold look to improve the squad, but chasing players like Conway and signing Agustein makes me wonder as to what our aspirations actually are.

Those players were just plasters over an old Poyet team to help us see through the season, likewise with Andrews. This summer I think 8-10 players out and the same in so I see massive change ahead but one that couldn't happen during this season. Most of the players are coming to the end of their contracts and I'm sure there is a very good reason for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here