Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Happy birthday William Shatner

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There will probably be a debate in future years as who was the best Star Trek captain similar to the best Bond. For me the original Connery and Shatner.
Craig and Stewart (Pickard) very close though.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
That's a good age.
Happy birthday Mr Shatner.

49C98941-CC76-400D-87EB-78608E5E7893.jpeg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There will probably be a debate in future years as who was the best Star Trek captain similar to the best Bond. For me the original Connery and Shatner.
Craig and Stewart (Pickard) very close though.

Surely the original was Captain Christopher Pike

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Let's for sake of argument, assume that it is.

There. The world is now a better place.

Did you know that Stevie Wonder played harmonica on a track by Prefab Sprout?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well he didn't actually tell me,I have never met him,he said it on a documentary and it's a bit long winded and it's a bit cheesy so best I don't post it.
But over the years I have realised the wisdom of his words and it's obviously helped him because he's made it to 90 .well done William.

Fair enough.

I admit I found those first 3 start trek series to be quite something.

"We Prefer To Help Ourselves. We Make Mistakes, But We're Human, And Maybe That's The Word That Best Explains Us."

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I met Mr Shatner when I took the kids to a Comicon thing here a few years back. Rather an odd fellow as I recall, he was worried about germs and wouldn't shake hands and had to use a stick to walk around.
We did touch fists though.
On the next table was the old guy from Stargate, the Dean Stanton fellow and he was all over the fans.
Hugging and posing for pics, he didn't care.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He was great in Loaded Weapon 1 and one of my favourite tunes, No God to us by Nosferatu, used a sample of him from Star Trek - Who mourns for Adonais.
Can't help but think of Ace Ventura whenever I see him though. "There's.....someone on the wing.....some.....thing!"

May 5, 2020
Sussex
He was great in Loaded Weapon 1 and one of my favourite tunes, No God to us by Nosferatu, used a sample of him from Star Trek - Who mourns for Adonais.
Can't help but think of Ace Ventura whenever I see him though. "There's.....someone on the wing.....some.....thing!"

Haha yes,I forgot about loaded weapon.
You also reminded me of airplane 2 and one of its funniest gags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here