Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy 10th Birthday NSC (In Its Present Incarnation)

Just noticed that July 2003 seems to be Ground Zero for the current incarnation of NSC.

Not sure of the exact date, for that would be too sad for words, but happy birthmonth NSC - that's several thousand hours of my so-called life I'll never get back...

:birthday:
It was on 5 July 2003 that this board sprang into life. THPP joined the following day (the 205th member to do so).

Welcome, newbie.

Anyone can check out their "membership number" by going to their own profile and reading the details in the url.

http: //www. northstandchat.com / member.php? 205 -Tom-Hark-Preston-Park

Numbers were allocated in order of joining.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I can remember the "Weekend in Cleethorpes" thread though which was the weekend we went down at Grimsby and that must have been May 2003... pretty sure the board was in its current format because everyone was bitching about the photos.

Who is left on here from that amazing trip? Is it just me and Sheebo?

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I was on here 10 years ago under a different name. I seem to remember there being a games section and also people having lots of pics as a signature.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Anyone can check out their "membership number" by going to their own profile and reading the details in the url.

http: //www. northstandchat.com / member.php? 205 -Tom-Hark-Preston-Park

Numbers were allocated in order of joining.

Thanks LB. I now know what number to put on my back if i ever feel the need to create a TEAM NSC shirt (323)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Blimey I'm member 179 on this one. I think I first joined in the fun around 98 something like that.

It was on 5 July 2003 that this board sprang into life. THPP joined the following day (the 205th member to do so).

Welcome, newbie.
Sorry, folks ... I've made a schoolboy error. It was just before midnight on 4 July 2003 that things got going.

The first thread seems to have disappeared. But thread number 2 is still readable in the NSC basement. It was started by Trigger (member no. 3).

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?2

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm number 1425. That'll be tough to fit on the back of my Albion shirt.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Remember the old style board.
Took a while to get used to the board we use now.
So many posters not with us any more, what ever happened to London Irish ?

London Irish posted on a thread the other day, can't remember which.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This.

Bring Back the Clique, I say. Special Forum for the likes of DKM, Hart's Shirt, MoH, Bry, Sompting (Mark I), Juan Albion, Cheeky, Gezza, Cannarian (RIP), Barnet, Fav, FG, Simster, Stumpy Tim, Rool, Lush...and many others of the Great and Good. You know who you are. Wasn't Bozza going to set up The Roost or Hen House or whatever that was? Like dat.

:moo:

Those were the days. Fings ain't like they used to be.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes they are. Pedants have ALWAYS been given a free ride on NSC.

The CORRECT phrase you are looking for is:- Fings Ain't Wot They Used T'be (title of the 1960 Lionel Bart musical).

I stand corrected your Lordship, but in my defence, I wasn't going to be born for another 2 years.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
695th member to join 10 years ago this month. Posted a bit as Guy Butters Corset on the board before that, but respect to those with a late 90's join date.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wonder how many registered users there are now ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry, folks ... I've made a schoolboy error. It was just before midnight on 4 July 2003 that things got going.

The first thread seems to have disappeared. But thread number 2 is still readable in the NSC basement. It was started by Trigger (member no. 3).

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?2

So the board is full of members and the original thread is a number 2.

Sums up NSC perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here