Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy 1 month!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
www.oldfootballshirts.com is one month old today, over 6000 hits, and 702 shirts added, although if you take off the 235 added by one Palace fan it's around 461 shirts.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed, keep up the good work, there are still a number of Albion shirts missing, be nice to see a few more of the older and unusual ones.

As for other teams, we have a pretty good spread of Premiership, quite a few Northern Irish, League 2 is a bit thin, but I'm well chuffed at the response so far.

My goal at the moment is to get at least one shirt from all 4 English leagues by Christmas, so anyone who can assist will be appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Those HILARIOUS Palace chappies eh?

In all seriousness, fair play to the Palace. I'm sure it all started off as a bit of SPAMMING but it does look good (as does the whole site Phil). GREAT to see a link to a football programme site as well.

By the way I make it 15-11 to Superphil in his contest with The Large One for the 2006 'Gratuitous plug for my new business' award.

Brilliant stuff

:thumbsup:

1066gull

Awesome.

That domain will go up in value, keep hold of it.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hiney said:
Those HILARIOUS Palace chappies eh?

In all seriousness, fair play to the Palace. I'm sure it all started off as a bit of SPAMMING but it does look good (as does the whole site Phil). GREAT to see a link to a football programme site as well.

By the way I make it 15-11 to Superphil in his contest with The Large One for the 2006 'Gratuitous plug for my new business' award.

Brilliant stuff

:thumbsup:

Make that 16-11 after TLO's loose ends thread

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Hey, mine isn't a business, just doing it for fune at the moment ;)

The Google ads are to raise me a bit of revenue to cover the server costs.

1066gull

Superphil said:
Hey, mine isn't a business, just doing it for fune at the moment ;)

The Google ads are to raise me a bit of revenue to cover the server costs.
If you start to make some proft and you get about 10,000 hits a day - sort out your own advertising for it and consider updating the site to make it more professional and you may get noticed by someone like Yahoo or Sky Sports.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
When you say "More professional" what do you mean?

1066gull

Superphil said:
When you say "More professional" what do you mean?
At the monet your site has very bright colours - the primary colours lets just add and it almost looks like a "mid 1990's design".

But all sites start off looking poor and out of its depth at first.

Its hard to explain, but compare some websites from today and what the looked like 5 - 10 years ago, they change a lot (mainly due to broadband) as compression improves in suffience and convience.

You don't want really want to consider it if the website won';t go no where,b ut because football in general has a lot of money and interest, there is potenial for it to grow, providing you remain commited to it (unlike me with www.theadcube.com)

EXAMPLE: Do you remember www.itsagoal.com? Compare the old design to the new design - gies you an diea how a website improves and looks 'more professional'

Last edited:

superbrother

Oct 23, 2006
done an interim redesign, welcome your thoughts....

Marco... the rather super brother of superphil!

Next step... even better... ;)

Put You Hands Up for www.oldfootballshirts.com !

C'mon Wales! (super-sis-in-law said that! - she's welsh, but doesn't have a Wales international shirt to add to the site - pah! useless!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here