Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hang your heads in shame...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Although I agree with a lot of this we have had ONE bad season! All clubs have them - we have no divine right to just keep getting better.

Let's get a few decent players in and go again.

Heads up chaps.

People seem to think we should be seeing an exponential rise. One season, and it's doom and gloom. People questioning the board, people thinking we're sinking. It's amazing how emotion takes over, especially when it comes to football.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
The only ones saying that are some of our fans, others have been more level headed than that and not thought we are something that we are not.

The clubs hope is to reach the Premier League, but not at all costs and it's not an expectation.

Whilst the club were trying to get permission for the ground and whilst it was being built, the ambition was to stay in the Championship once we moved in - we have. There was no expectation for Premier League football, tickets weren't sold on the promise of Premier League football.

We all want the club to do well, but some of us realise there are no guarentees in football, money spent on a team doesn't equal success on the pitch, We are trying to put ourselves into a good position with the academy but that is more of a long term objective and will take several seasons to produce the sort of players we need to help try to make the step up.

Some fans seem to have conveniently ignored the other teams we are competing with, they have similar ground sizes, fan base (and quite a few have bigger ones than us like Leeds) and all have hopes of promotion too, some have an unfair advantage of parachute payments, others don't. Some teams have a wonder season (Bournemouth this, Barnsley & Blackpool several seasons ago)

Anyone thinking that having the Amex makes us a big club with a natural place in the PL is mistaken, it's like someone winning a Ferrari and then expecting the jet set lifestyle to go with it, you can't have everything you want. People want us to run before we can walk and don't sem to care about what we went through to save this club and seem to think that we should risk throwing all that hard work away by chasing a fantasy / dream.

It wasn't the fans that coined the phrase 'Premier League Ready' and it wasn't the fans writing in the programme every week that we should all spend more money on a match day so that the playing squad could be added to and quality signings brought in.

I'm quite happy to be mid table in the Championship for a few seasons and build slowly but it was the club who raised the bar with the above statements and they then failed to deliver on their promise.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Waaaaaaah. Waaaah. Waaaah. :cry: :cry:

ONE poor season, in five? Get over yourself.

If you read my post properly you will see that the bad season is not the issue here. It's the fact that we were under prepared to even give it a go.

Your posts towards me have always been to criticise and put me down, you even edited my posts before so do me a favour and comment elsewhere if you can't do anything other than respond like a child

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you read my post properly you will see that the bad season is not the issue here. It's the fact that we were under prepared to even give it a go.

Your posts towards me have always been to criticise and put me down, you even edited my posts before so do me a favour and comment elsewhere if you can't do anything other than respond like a child

Haha. I've never even noticed you before tonight.

Like I said. Get over yourself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brighton have and always will underachieve on the pitch by comparison. Our wonder season was 1979. Bmuff had theirs tonight. Our next one is due in 2057. Which is why it's a good idea to have other teams you like if you like Premier football. Such as Bmuff...!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I agree but I don't think Bloom and Barber sat down at the start of the season and thought "I know - let's get a load of shit players in and be crap". They were let down by a mixture of bad luck and a bad recruitment policy. Hopefully both of these can be sorted for next year!!

Glen Murray struggled in his first season at Palace, how many were calling him crap, questioning the recruitment process, claimed they were lied to by the club, etc.....

Did they stick by him and support him and he then came good in his second season? (helped by 2 good wingers in Bolaise and Zaha, providing the chances for him which was something we may not have been able to do ourselves had he stayed with us)

How about we give our players a clean sheet, and start over and get behind them and support them again next season (something i felt has been lacking this season, team and fans feel divided and the fans never fully supportive of the team (which hasn't worked out very well for us now has it)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[
I'm not sure I agree with all you say. I've seen nearly sixty years of good and bad Brighton football but I think this has to go down as one of the worst. When we were promoted along with Aston Villa in the seventies the following season was pretty poor but at least we had a team that didn't stop trying.

That's a bit of rewriting of history: in 1972/73 we finished rock bottom, we had one win between mid-September and mid-February (including a 13-match run of defeats). I remember vividly the moaning about the team; as they were battered by four or five goal defeats.

To put this season in perspective: by my calculations we finished higher than this in just 15 of the last 114 seasons. To say it's one of the worst is completely forgetting some of the dire,dreadful seasons of the last 20 years.

We've had a bad season but it's not even been close to one of our worst and I should imagine it's been a bit of a wake-up call to the powers-that-be

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

The thread title 'Hang your heads in shame' is to be honest, simply ridiculous. That why I'm commenting. Nobody thinks the hierarchy covered themselves in glory but you are simplifying It in thinking that transactions should have been unerringly smooth last summer. We tried to sign players who didn't want to come remember. How do we know that their demands were not ridiculous.
There must be a structure in place concerning wages..... after our spiralling costs surely. Look, we bought some crap.......it happens.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just imagine how much moaning there would have been if we had kept poor old Sami as Mr Bloom wanted to so to moan just a little should be allowed.
now we can get on with rebuilding if the upper management will allow it to happen

good luck to muff they built a team around two of our players, we now have to find some more like them .........................quickly

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Some people may need to remind themselves what the fight for the Albion was about: We wanted the club to survive. We wanted a home in the city for our kids and grandkids to watch their club. We wanted to be able to compete on an even playing field.

It has, we have and we can. Nobody promised we would subsequently win all the time and when we lose, we say (through gritted teeth) well done to the opposition and we go again next game, next week or next year.

Thankfully the club now looks like being here permanently. Some years will be good, some will be bad, some will be terrible and, every now and then, one will be historic. That's what we all signed up for, and moaning that some other team has got their historic year and we haven't just makes us sound like the sort of spoiled premier league arse-hats who cry to 6-0-6 every week.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Speaking of buying crap.

antminer-bitcoin-miner.jpg

It’s not surprising that a Bitcoin mining device costs $499 (£245), or that they’re still available in 2015 despite the crash of the imaginary currency’s value. (It’s impossible to even pay back your cost of electricity with a Bitcoin mining device now, of course.) What is surprising is that it’s currently the #1 best-seller in the “computer servers” category.

Imagine thousands of people clamoring to buy a desktop device that manufactures Tamagotchis, except a hacker can’t steal your Tamagotchi remotely, from his home in Bulgaria.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And another put down from you.

How can I possibly answer to such a big man hiding behind his keyboard, throwing out insults 42,000 odd times.

You are obviously a big man yet strangely I pity you.

I like you. You seem fun.

In those 40,000-odd posts, there are a couple of dozen insults. They are strictly reserved for people who write really, really offensive, or really, really stupid things.

The thread title 'Hang your heads in shame' is to be honest, simply ridiculous. That why I'm commenting.

Quite. I'd go for pathetic rather than ridiculous, but the sentiment is the same.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some people may need to remind themselves what the fight for the Albion was about: We wanted the club to survive. We wanted a home in the city for our kids and grandkids to watch their club. We wanted to be able to compete on an even playing field.

It has, we have and we can. Nobody promised we would subsequently win all the time and when we lose, we say (through gritted teeth) well done to the opposition and we go again next game, next week or next year.

Thankfully the club now looks like being here permanently. Some years will be good, some will be bad, some will be terrible and, every now and then, one will be historic. That's what we all signed up for, and moaning that some other team has got their historic year and we haven't just makes us sound like the sort of spoiled premier league arse-hats who cry to 6-0-6 every week.

I think you need to read up on bmuffs recent history...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
to the op, my god man, get a grip, perhaps pause and take a deep breath before posting on here.

me, time to log off from nsc until august methinks!

embarrassing reading some of the winey, baby, moans and groans on here. football is so easy to write about but no shit Sherlock it's actually quite difficult in reality!

laters

eejets!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Feck u all, feck every1, today is the worst day of my life. If anyone else feels the same way, meet me i the middle lane of the m25.
Bring a large scotch and a bag full of pills. Bournemouth got promoted and were sh*t.
i cant go o any longer. :tantrum: :shootself

el punal

Another hand wringing, breast beating, woe is me moan. We've had a bad season, the first one in six years, every Albion knows that but bloody hell it's not the end of the sodding world.

Let's see how Chris Hughton and the board address the situation this summer, and then see what the team performances are like at the start of next season. Then we can judge, praise or criticise. Until that time, relax, get a grip and enjoy life in all its glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here