Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Hang on a minute....it's Fridat!!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well done sir
Having just despatched a 2016 Alice’s Shiraz from Greenock Creek I now find myself thoroughly enjoying a ‘Wine of the Valley’. No, I’m not talking something from the Left or Right bank of Bordeaux but a rather smashing Rhymney Bitter from Blaenavon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Staying sober tonight as I'm going on a journey to visit a girl tomorrow and need to be fresh for that... probably worth it but going to be very bored tonight

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Reward for standing outside Storrington Tesco Express selling Poppies this afternoon was a pint of Ringwood Forty Niner in the Moon before going home for Fish Supper...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tesco finest Malbec, courtesy of Mrs Chopper popping into the shop on her way home.
I prefer Merlot but Malbec is very similar and this bottle was very nice.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Very well deserved :bowdown::bowdown:

I'll be back tomorrow, cleaned out of ceramic Poppies, Wrist Bands and Car Poppies, still got a fair few old fashioned Paper ones.

British Legion and I have lurched into the 21st century and I had one of those new fangled Card Readers today which seemed to work well, no excuse for those 'without any spare change'!!! :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll be back tomorrow, cleaned out of ceramic Poppies, Wrist Bands and Car Poppies, still got a fair few old fashioned Paper ones.

British Legion and I have lurched into the 21st century and I had one of those new fangled Card Readers today which seemed to work well, no excuse for those 'without any spare change'!!! :lolol:

Great stuff……my grandmother sold poppies every year from soon after the end of WWII until she was in her 90s and my grandad was the local branch standard bearer for over 40 years (did the Albert Hall ceremony a couple of times too). They lived for their RBL involvement……..

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just back after three pints at BRZN, the new bar under the viaduct on Viaduct Road. Malaysian food there tonight. If you live in central Brighton, I recommend this place!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
HTML:
Great stuff……my grandmother sold poppies every year from soon after the end of WWII until she was in her 90s and my grandad was the local branch standard bearer for over 40 years (did the Albert Hall ceremony a couple of times too). They lived for their RBL involvement……..

My grandfather was the driving force behind the building of the British Legion Club in Chirk (on the Welsh border- A5). Now that’s raised a lot of money since the 1960’s. He was a local legend.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I bunged £4 and some shrapnel in to the collection bucket at Aldi ( Oh, the irony !) the other day and thought I would try one of the Friendship Band thingys.... it fell apart after 2 days, have a word please.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Envious.

Opened a can of lager and my daughter pointed out that I was giving them a lift to a party and then collecting at midnight! Bloody can is still sitting there.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Staying sober tonight as I'm going on a journey to visit a girl tomorrow and need to be fresh for that... probably worth it but going to be very bored tonight

Are you going to take her a pizza and make her watch some obscure European third division football match on telly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here