Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up if you love Ashley Barnes

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I've been more than happy supporting Barnes, both as an individual and part of the bet football team I've watched in over 30 years. Two completely stupid and unprofessional red cards close together is exasperating for me, as it is for fans generally, and must be huge disappointment to the management team as well.

I'm prepared to judge him by how he recovers from this. We're going to need him before this season is over. He just needs to stop his frustration getting the better of him and concentrate on continuing the remarkable progression we have already seen.

Good post. :thumbsup:

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
As a player, I like him, but he really can be a childish prat at times. His sending off shows a lack of awareness and a need for poyet to beat a bit of sense into him. But, despite understandable anger at what he did, as fans we must support him when he plays for us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I was a converter, but in my opinion, if gus defends him again, it's shocking, I'm not saying sell him, as he is young, but Jesus Christ, calm yourself and be a team player

He's sacrificed a huge amount in the eay he plays for the team and the reason he plays at all is partly because he's a team player.

I still love Ash as a player but he does need to control his temper. That said, I won't judge him on this incident until either I see it properly or the club appeal or not. The YouTube is far less conclusive than most people seem to think.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
*raises hand*

I love Ashley Barnes. But he has let his teammates, the fans and himself down with his lack of self control recently. I expect him to score the playoff final winner to make amends.

On tripping the ref I had a mixed reaction. :wozza::facepalm: :lolol: For some reason, however hard I try, I cannot get angry about it, it's too ridiculous. :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His early stupid red card at Wednesday cost us a goal, a man and the game before we'd even got going. Any normal player would surely have felt enough guilt for his team mates and the travelling fans to use this to control his temper, so he's got to have a screw loose to go and do something as stupid as trip the ref when he's only just served the previous (deserved) 3 match ban.

Another thing that annoyed me was that when he went to ground clutching his head in the box, another player (Spanish Dave?) had to grab him and tell him to get up off the floor as he was in the way, in an offside position and, most importantly, we still had a chance to attack and needed him on his feet to try and help! Refs will blow for a foul if the see it; if they don't then it doesn't matter how hard done by you feel, you've just got to get up and get on with (assuming you've not got a REALLY serious injury).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
*raises hand*

I love Ashley Barnes. But he has let his teammates, the fans and himself down with his lack of self control recently. I expect him to score the playoff final winner to make amends.

On tripping the ref I had a mixed reaction. :wozza::facepalm: :lolol: For some reason, however hard I try, I cannot get angry about it, it's too ridiculous. :lolol:

Sums it up for me, all of this.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
On another note, just shows how up their own arses most refs are these days though doesn't it. In the 'good old days' that would have been a yellow delivered by a grinning ref at worst.

I remember in the good old days when a linesperson, formerly monikered an "utter flange", could drop their flagpole, look dumbfounded for a moment with a self-reflected smirk, and have it passed back to them with a poke in the eyelid or a stab in the beshorted anus and not have a bad word to say about anyone. A stitch and/or a limp and they got on with the game, waggling a finger at the offender with a wry "wait until after the game when i go to your home and wrist-breakingly chinese burn one of your kids until they pass out" look in their working eye.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I remember in the good old days when a linesperson, formerly monikered an "utter flange", could drop their flagpole, look dumbfounded for a moment with a self-reflected smirk, and have it passed back to them with a poke in the eyelid or a stab in the beshorted anus and not have a bad word to say about anyone. A stitch and/or a limp and they got on with the game, waggling a finger at the offender with a wry "wait until after the game when i go to your home and wrist-breakingly chinese burn one of your kids until they pass out" look in their working eye.

Hell ja. And you try telling the kids of today that...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here