Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

handheld games consoles

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
My little lad, who's 6, wants a games machine, just a gameboy type thing. I have not a clue as to what's about, whats worth getting etc, but think that there might be several on here who enjoy this sort of solitary handheld pleasure. Any hints on what to get him/avoid like the plague?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
PSP - no question , abit pricey but very much worth it graphics and gameplay wise

the DS is good but the PSP rises above it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have a PSP and it's quality but I reckon a 6 year old would prefer a Nintendo DS with games like Mario and others more suited towards younger kids. My 6 year old cousin has one and can't put the thing down.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
We have both a PSP and a DS Lite and neither of my children yet know we own either so I can't say what they would like best, I prefer the DS and my husband prefers the PSP.

I think the DS Lite is more 6 year old friendly than the PSP.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You could make an offer on Ebay for Minis DS he is trying to sell

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
ive got a psp and think their brilliant, the game quality is ten times better than ds. but it depends if he wants kiddy games or more teenager games, however you can now get many young kids games on psp. also a psp on ebay is about the same price as ds, £60-£70
my view is psp defo

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I would go for ds, mines great plus have a 'back up' cartridge with any game, music, films, emulators etc great stuff.

PM me if you want info/advice on these cards, 40 notes, super user (+ kid) friendly and all the 'software' you need...

*edit* Oh and I would recommend the Lite version if you go for ds - much cooler and infinitely better screen.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I would go for ds, mines great plus have a 'back up' cartridge with any game, music, films, emulators etc great stuff.

PM me if you want info/advice on these cards, 40 notes, super user (+ kid) friendly and all the 'software' you need...

Yeah, definitely a good idea to get kids into STEALING while they're young. :thumbsup:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I would go for a DS, a better selection of games for younger people and more interesting what with they touch screen and stuff. i have a psp and while i enjoy playing it, i am still not won over by the games on it and sometimes wonder if i should have got a DS lite instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here