Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Handball?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Leeds getting schooled.

I must be crap because there’s been a couple of times that players have clearly been pushed over in the box and nothing has been given.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ref said that Trent AAs was not handball. VAR said that it was not a clear and obvious error. Which it wasn't.
Ref only saw it in real time. Commentator Said handball not given cos offence was too early in the build up !!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought if it hit the sleeve - which it did for Mitoma - it wasn't a handball?
66E39FE2-CA3B-410E-A79F-610F4FCEB0EB.png

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

That's an image from an angle chosen to support your argument. The ball was travelling towards TAA, making this call more tricky than it appear there. I'm not saying it's not a handball, but a clear an obvious error? I'm not so sure.
Screenshot_20230417_223500_Chrome.jpg

Mitoma's was clearly not a handball.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It’s worse than that. A-A thrust his arm at the ball. That has been handball under every interpretation of the rule since the game began.
Absolutely. Clear as day in the first TV replay. Not forgetting the ridiculous commentator contribution: deemed too far back in play to be considered. It’s how they won the ball FFS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's an image from an angle chosen to support your argument. The ball was travelling towards TAA, making this call more tricky than it appear there. I'm not saying it's not a handball, but a clear an obvious error? I'm not so sure.
View attachment 159805
Mitoma's was clearly not a handball.
Mitoma’s was handball, but he was arguably fouled anyway

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I am absolutely gobsmacked anyone is trying to justify how this wasn’t Hand ball by Trent this is unbelievably bizarre to me. It’s clearly handball, it’s a clear and obvious error so VAR should intervene and rule it out and it was part of of a short 3 pass move that lead to a goal so clearly not too far back to have affected the goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am absolutely gobsmacked anyone is trying to justify how this wasn’t Hand ball by Trent this is unbelievably bizarre to me. It’s clearly handball, it’s a clear and obvious error so VAR should intervene and rule it out and it was part of of a short 3 pass move that lead to a goal so clearly not too far back to have affected the goal.
It’s bizarre….only adds to the bias/corruption claims. It’s beyond incompetence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here