Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handbags off the pitch

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm struggling to like our new coaching set up, so one of the faceless, nameless backroom people getting themselves sent off for (allegedly) acting like a brat doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm not fond of the direction we're going in at the moment.

It was Ruben Martinez and not a faceless or nameless backroom member. More the goalkeeping coach who can be seen every week.
He was also heavily provoked and the fact that none of the Forest backroom lot were sent to the stands was a disgrace.

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
I'm struggling to like our new coaching set up, so one of the faceless, nameless backroom people getting themselves sent off for (allegedly) acting like a brat doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm not fond of the direction we're going in at the moment.

Well that's BLATANTLY the justification of a fan who knows that his team is slapping the rules in the face.

Financial fair play speaks for itself. We're taking it seriously, and rightly so. It is important. Clubs like Nottingham Forest are a disgrace, there are a few other examples dotted about the leagues as well, but Forest should benefit the most from ignoring the rules for the short term benefit. The sooner the finances in football are brought under control, the better for the whole sport in general.

From a fan who probably wishes his club was spending a bit more. At the end of the day some clubs are going to spend more than others. FFP is great in theory but is seriously flawed when you have a number of clubs with mega millions to spend for 4 years. The point should be that you don't jeopardize a clubs long term by chasing the dream so I repeat if an owner is willing to throw his own money at it in what business should he be prevented from doing so?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From a fan who probably wishes his club was spending a bit more. At the end of the day some clubs are going to spend more than others. FFP is great in theory but is seriously flawed when you have a number of clubs with mega millions to spend for 4 years. The point should be that you don't jeopardize a clubs long term by chasing the dream so I repeat if an owner is willing to throw his own money at it in what business should he be prevented from doing so?

Again, the rules that were agreed between all clubs in the football league prevent this.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if Forest get promoted having breached FFP they will be able to afford to pay any fine. If they don't get promoted I think they get a points deduction.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Very true dear boy, agree totally and I would recognise any of the backroom staff if they came up to me in the street.

The direction we're going is backward and fast

At least in the days of Booker and White, we knew who they were. I know the name Ruben Martinez now, because he had a little hissy fit and lashed out. Nothing but embarrassing. I do not doubt Oscar, not yet. But I do have concerns about the direction the club is going in, I don't perceive it to be positive. The reality is though, we simply do not know at the moment. With so many injuries, and so much disruption to the team, it's not fair to make definitive judgements on anyone.

It was Ruben Martinez and not a faceless or nameless backroom member. More the goalkeeping coach who can be seen every week.
He was also heavily provoked and the fact that none of the Forest backroom lot were sent to the stands was a disgrace.

I don't buy that. He was heavily provoked, but none of the Forest backroom staff were banished. If he was THAT "heavily provoked", the culprit would also have gone. If nobody else was banished, I suspect it was just our guy being a bad loser.

You don't follow my posts much, presumably. I don't wish we were spending more. We are spending within our means, and whilst that means we're struggling on the pitch, I still believe we are going about things the right way. We have 4 first team players injured, 2 of them are strikers. With everyone fit, we wouldn't need anyone else. Your point is mute when your own club is doing exactly that. Boom or bust. Your owner is some random guy who is interested for now. If you don't go up, will he get bored and mug you off? Ours isn't going to get bored, he's not someone who turned up out of nowhere with no emotional investment in the club. His interest isn't fleeting.

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
Ninja

If he spends his money then decides to leave so what? The next owners carry on where he left off just like every other club and he has slightly less money in his piggy bank.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ninja

If he spends his money then decides to leave so what? The next owners carry on where he left off just like every other club and he has slightly less money in his piggy bank.

portsmouth_welcome.jpg

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here