Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Handbags at arse vs Spurs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ramsdale has a lot of previous for goading. There’s a vid of him doing it to our supporters the other day. Hopefully he learns his lesson tbh. Of course, not excusing someone kicking him, but he nearly caused a lot worse incident and needs to wind it in a bit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ramsdale has a lot of previous for goading. There’s a vid of him doing it to our supporters the other day. Hopefully he learns his lesson tbh. Of course, not excusing someone kicking him, but he nearly caused a lot worse incident and needs to wind it in a bit.
Strongly disagree, football needs characters.
If people can give it out to a player then they should be able to take it when a player gives a tiny bit back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So fans are allowed to shout all kinds of abuse - a lot of it to far, but players can’t give verbals back ? Surely it’s all part of it and fans need to control themselves.

See dunk / palace, Brighton / Zaha - even McGleash at the time was the right balance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Strongly disagree, football needs characters.
If people can give it out to a player then they should be able to take it when a player gives a tiny bit back.
Yeh there’s giving a bit and there’s giving too much and just being a bit smarmy. I like him on the podcasts etc I’ve heard him on - just think what he did today went on too long and was just going to end in annoying people and Richarlison (a player I incidentally don’t like much!) saw it.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So fans are allowed to shout all kinds of abuse - a lot of it to far, but players can’t give verbals back ? Surely it’s all part of it and fans need to control themselves.

See dunk / palace, Brighton / Zaha - even McGleash at the time was the right balance
No I didn’t say anything of the sort, once again you misquote. I said he needs to wind it in a bit as it was a bit too far today. Give a bit back by all means but not that blatant and long imo.

McGleash the right balance - so you’re homophobic then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No I didn’t say anything of the sort, once again you misquote. I said he needs to wind it in a bit as it was a bit too far today. Give a bit back by all means but not that blatant and long imo.

McGleash the right balance - so you’re homophobic then?
What did he actually do that was to far ?

Did Sanchez or Maupay deserve to be kicked in the back up at Selhurst Park last season ?

Both sides know their role in it but fans can’t be running on the pitch or on top of advertising boards to punch or kick players

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One nob-head fan tried to kick Ramsdale, that’s all it was really (other than - surprise - Richarlison being a prick).
No. The goal keep was mocking Richarlison just before the final whistle. He's the nob.

Whatever happened after, of course, is indefensible.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

That is not ‘taking it too far’ in a derby match….

Reactions: SAC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Beat me to it. And.....precisely. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What did he actually do that was to far ?

Did Sanchez or Maupay deserve to be kicked in the back up at Selhurst Park last season ?

Both sides know their role in it but fans can’t be running on the pitch or on top of advertising boards to punch or kick players
They can’t no - and that’s poor and he’ll get a ban. Did you see what he did? Sanchez didn’t do anything did he? Maupay was a bit borderline, I just think Ramsdale does it too much - pick your moments and don’t make it go on for ages.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
No problem with it - wish there was more of it - but football isn't completely different to anywhere else if you're going to be a bellend.

It's not excusable from the fan but if you give it large to thousands of people at a derby in the way he did to the North Stand, which was more than the usual air punch keepers occasionally produce, you can't take the high ground if it winds people up, one or two of whom will inevitably be idiots. Noticed that no-one on the live broadcast discussed his part in it because fans are automatically deemed entirely to blame.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No. The goal keep was mocking Richarlison just before the final whistle. He's the nob.

Whatever happened after, of course, is indefensible.
Turned round kissed the badge held it up and shouted for a fair bit of time - just gonna cause a fracas and insight trouble from fans and players. Crossed the line for me and as I say, he has previous. He looked a bit shell shocked and sheepish so perhaps he knew that and perhaps he will think twice in future…

Maddison deliberately putting the ball out the corner quadrant and laughing with our fans - that stuff is brilliant. All up for some BANTZ but got to be careful where that line is and not to cross it!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turned round kissed the badge held it up and shouted for a fair bit of time - just gonna cause a fracas and insight trouble from fans and players. Crossed the line for me and as I say, he has previous. He looked a bit shell shocked and sheepish so perhaps he knew that and perhaps he will think twice in future…
is there a clip of this behaviour ? Is it any more than the clip I’ve posted ?

And yes Sanchez was giving it to palace fans as he went down the tunnel - see https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58620544

I don’t think either he or Maupay would have deserved a kick from a fan because of that

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Richarlison is a grade A* twat
Ramsdale is a cock, hardly surprising they came to handbags

Standing on a hoarding and kicking someone is guaranteed to piss them off at get a reaction.

Spuds-Arse, who gives a f***.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think Ramsdale should get a 3 match ban for such behaviour. Inexcusable and extremely inflammatory.

The fan should get a lifetime ban. Richarlison should get a pat on the back for his part. For the first time ever he was spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here