Hammond

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Well Dean I hope they are paying you well!!
Yet another gready footballer who has had Claridge make some good comments about him(Big time footballers).
I don't think he will be missed, George C was the player pulling the strings not Hammond. I think a good deal was done and look forward to his return next season.
We won't get a play off position now, Robinson shoud be starting every game on the right wing and if only we could have signed George!! The two creative sparks.
Cox is not being used correctly!
Lets give Wilkins the support he deserves!!!
And build for next season.
I think the club has sold well, Lets face it Revell gave his all, but ability wise he wasn't great. Elder didn't get much of a chance, wonder why that was!!
And Hammond he can pass side to side very well.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
I was never Hammonds greatest fan, in fact I thought he was pretty useless most of the time, but there's no doubt in my mind that without him at the minute our midfield is much weaker.

I've never seen the club so active in a transfer window before, and I'm delighted we've been able to bring in so many players, but we're still a couple of players short of a play off challenge.

I agree about Cox & Revell, and about supporting Wilkins. But I'm worried with the current state of the midfield that we might struggle to pick up points again anytime soon, we have a daunting March fixture pile up which will effectively decide where we'll end the season, and with the current squad we'll end up mid table at best, must add though I can't see us being anywhere near a relegation place.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
think you are right i can only really see mid table finish but if we make the most of the games in hand who knows

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can't quite see why Hammond went to Colchester. Their stay in the Championship won't be very long. The fact that Iwelumo and Curiton buggered off as soon as they could would alsosay they don't pay that well either. He'll be missed but not as much as some people here think, no player is bigger than a club and Dick Knight has shown time and time again he won't be held to ransom.

How many players have left here for greener pastures to find that it's not all that ? Rather too many I think.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Yet another gready footballer who has had Claridge make some good comments about him(Big time footballers).
I don't think he will be missed, George C was the player pulling the strings not Hammond. I think a good deal was done and look forward to his return next season.
We won't get a play off position now, Robinson shoud be starting every game on the right wing and if only we could have signed George!! The two creative sparks.
I think the club has sold well, Lets face it Revell gave his all, but ability wise he wasn't great. Elder didn't get much of a chance, wonder why that was!!

Complete nonsense.

SW17

Jan 2, 2007
South London
Totally Agree with that [I can't quite see why Hammond went to Colchester. Their stay in the Championship won't be very long. The fact that Iwelumo and Curiton buggered off as soon as they could would alsosay they don't pay that well either. He'll be missed but not as much as some people here think, no player is bigger than a club and Dick Knight has shown time and time again he won't be held to ransom.

Totally Agree with that
How many players have left here for greener pastures to find that it's not all that ? Rather too many I think.
]

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
I can't quite see why Hammond went to Colchester. Their stay in the Championship won't be very long. The fact that Iwelumo and Curiton buggered off as soon as they could would alsosay they don't pay that well either. He'll be missed but not as much as some people here think, no player is bigger than a club and Dick Knight has shown time and time again he won't be held to ransom.

OK, Last negative post, then I move on & support the team.
1) Do you not mean no player is bigger than Dick Knight? Throughout this saga Ive never heard him say The club are negotiating with a player or we are chasing a Striker. It's always I am signing, I will not be held to ransom etc.
As I have said before I don't dislike Dick but surely there's 2 sides to every story

2) The players who have recently left for greener pastures are George & Bas, even If they never get another club(I wish them good Luck by the way) they were good players in a winning albion side which is all I care about. By your logic, when Peter Ward signed for forest & flopped he must have been rubbish all along.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
its a bit rich calling him greedy...

Its not like he's choosing between 70k a week or 85k a week is it

When its say the choice between 3k a week or 10k a week, thats just plain sensible.

Good luck Dean.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't understand Brighton fans. Dean has been a good player for us and an integral part of our team.

His contract should have been sorted out ages ago to reflect his growing important to the team. It wasn't.

He is clearly leaving with a heavy heart.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
its a bit rich calling him greedy...

Its not like he's choosing between 70k a week or 85k a week is it

When its say the choice between 3k a week or 10k a week, thats just plain sensible.

Good luck Dean.

Agreed.

As for Booley - I take it by your location, you are a student?

Maybe when you join the real world, and actually have bills to pay and a mortgage to meet, and stop getting food parcels from your parents to supplement your Corona and Pot Noodle diet, your attitudes to financial reality will alter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand Brighton fans. Dean has been a good player for us and an integral part of our team.

His contract should have been sorted out ages ago to reflect his growing important to the team. It wasn't.

He is clearly leaving with a heavy heart.

Totally. I for one wish him all the best. I hope he does really well at a higher level, be that with Colchester or elsewhere.

I think he will, and hope there was a sell-on included in the sale, as I think he'll surprise people.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, fair play to him. He was offered the chance to earn FAR more than we could pay him and he took it. That's modern football. It's a bit humiliating that it's Colchester and not Chelsea that are a step up for him, but those are the realities of our current situation.

A few people were saying that he wanted to stay - and he would do if only DK would be a bit more flexible in his negotiations or if the club showed a bit of 'ambition'. At least that's that argument killed stone dead.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Thank f*** for that.

All the boo hooing about him was getting on my tits.

He had decent ability but didn't show it 70% of the time. And if people use that crap line of 'people didn't notice the work he got through' to excuse his anonymity I will cry. If a player isn't noticed by a large portion of the crowd it's because he is not doing anything. Players who get through a lot of work, expecially in CM get noticed. Running round like a headless chicken missing tackles, misplacing passes and generally arriving 2 seconds after play most of the time shows a good work rate but doesn't necessarily mean the player is getting through a lot of work.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Thank f*** for that.

All the boo hooing about him was getting on my tits.

He had decent ability but didn't show it 70% of the time. And if people use that crap line of 'people didn't notice the work he got through' to excuse his anonymity I will cry. If a player isn't noticed by a large portion of the crowd it's because he is not doing anything. Players who get through a lot of work, expecially in CM get noticed. Running round like a headless chicken missing tackles, misplacing passes and generally arriving 2 seconds after play most of the time shows a good work rate but doesn't necessarily mean the player is getting through a lot of work.

I agree. Overrated on the basis of getting an odd goal here or there and a penalty or two. Not that good will not be missed.

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
Hammond ... Elder ...Revell ... Savage have gone END OF!
No one knows how good the new boy's are,could be we've bought some real quality to the club,I for one am looking forward to the rest of the season with optimism. Come on lads onwards and upwards, to the play offs and beyond!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
My original reply was rude and I agree with you that Cox has not been used correctly. He is a very talented player and will leave in the summer unless crowds improve.
IMHO Hammond will be missed terribly. Sometimes his tackling wasn't perfectly timed which is why he is a championship player rather than prem. His work rate, heading and involvement were first rate. G O'C was more inclined than Hammond to pass back to defenders or square. Hammond kept possession well and was the natural successor to Rogers- another BHA player who was under-rated by some fans. The real pity is that Hammond and Thomson would have complemented each other superbly but it will never be.
But it is all about opinions and your post deserved more respect. Can't agree with you about Robinson as his genuine talent hasn't developed and am beginning to suspect he lacks the stamina and strength to make the grade.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
think we've done this to death now

we're a SELLING club- move on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports