Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond to Saints

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Obviously looking to consolidate in League 1 then. :)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'd love to have Hammond back.

Exactly what we need in the centre with Dicker imho.

Never replaced him as far as im concerned.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
With Pardew manager and Wilkins assistant would anyone be surprised if he was the last Brighton oldboy to go there?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Interesting.

I walked next to Alan Pardew, who was on the phone, over Hungerford bridge last week, talking about talks with "the Colchester lad". Wondered who it was going to be.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
From what has been said on here in the past, it wasn't Wilkins he had the problem with.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here we go. Cue the "Hammond was the next Frank Lampard" quotes from those who overlook the fact he was completely anonymous in a large proportion of games for us.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
imo Hammond was the next Frank Lampard
:jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The reality is Easy, he is a beter central midfielder (certainly from an attacking point), than anything we have had since he went.

Thats not saying much though is it, being as since he left, we've had a steady procession of loaners who couldn't give a flying f*** at a rolling donut, and a hopeless haggismuncher who has thankfully slung his hook back up to the Poundstretcher Highlands Premier League from whence he came.

Look, Hammond was ok at times. He popped up with the odd goal, and was pretty reliable from the spot. But there were countless games where you'd need to hold a séance to detect his presence on the field. And he was supposed to be the captain !

I don't miss him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd love to have Hammond back.

Exactly what we need in the centre with Dicker imho.

Never replaced him as far as im concerned.

Totally agree. Like certain other players he got lots of stick, but at the time he left I said we would now see what a good player he was. Who else has got the goals he did from midfield since?

Would love to see him return, but would think a move to Saints is very likely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well I understand it was a little bit more complicated than some on here would let us believe....

Indeed, I think you will find the problem was with a chairman who didn't realise that improving young players need to be paid more. I am sure Hammond would be more than happy to play under one of the best coaches in league one.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Thats not saying much though is it, being as since he left, we've had a steady procession of loaners who couldn't give a flying f*** at a rolling donut, and a hopeless haggismuncher who has thankfully slung his hook back up to the Poundstretcher Highlands Premier League from whence he came.

Look, Hammond was ok at times. He popped up with the odd goal, and was pretty reliable from the spot. But there were countless games where you'd need to hold a séance to detect his presence on the field. And he was supposed to be the captain !

I don't miss him.

Personally I do miss him. I think the bloke suffered a bit from NSC Murrayitis in the fact that as soon as it was clear that he wasn't staying, he was suddenly percieved as a crap player & troublemaker in the camp.

*takescover&waitsforbhadeb*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here