Hammond is a pile of wank

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
The OP can do one. Hammond played his part in a win.
Important player for us, established himself with bridcutt in deep midfield.
Believe he did a similar role for saints last season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He will never be forgiven for what he did, no matter how well he plays it seems. One pass in the first half to Bruno that went out of play, on the flip side Vicente lost the ball 4/5 times today. He didn't play as well as Vicente, but it just shows you how people only acknowledge what they want to see

I take full responsibility for that misplaced pass in the first half as I'd just commented on how well he had played so far :lol:

Overall I'd give him 7.5 out of 10 for his performance today and would have preferred him to captain the side over Bruno tbh

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought Hammond had another solid game. Ulloa on the other hand was awful, let's hope that was a one off but he was shite!!!...Which is the biggest worry for me atm seeing as he cost £2m and he is supposed to be the man Poyet had been looking for, for nearly two years.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I thought Hammond had another solid game. Ulloa on the other hand was awful, let's hope that was a one off but he was shite!!!...Which is the biggest worry for me atm seeing as he cost £2m and he is supposed to be the man Poyet had been looking for, for nearly two years.

I think we need to be careful about this kind of talk. He clearly has good touch, bit of aerial presence and has got 2 goals. Poor miss today but lets not write him off.
Remember the Spanish Dave thread. . . .

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Really, he is.

He hasn't always been consistent BUT, according to the GP interview,

Dean Hammond agreed to start though not 100% fit and having to play through the pain barrier.

I think without him today we may have been in some difficulty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vicente is just so good, most of the others look average to poor, but it's just in comparison.
Hammond was fine.

Dicker will probably never be a PL / top of Championship player.
Bruno I thought was panicky, and way off his form last Summer.

But Brighton were great for long phases of the first half, and as the second half moved on, we came back into it.

Vicente, Orlandi, Bridge, Kuzschak, El Abd, Upson ... were outstanding.

A hard fought 3 points at a critical time of the season.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Some people don't understand the Hammond role. He mops up a lot of loose balls and slows the game down when needed. He wasn't at his best today but then not many were. I would have Hammond in the centre with Bridcutt all day long

I hate to dig out an Albion player but Hammond was in no way as bad as Bruno today - who had a shocker. Hopefully a one off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He got the assist for Spanish Dave's goal. It was a lovely flick on.
As for the comment about Dicker from drop dead fred, if it hadn't been for Dicker, Burnley had a certain goal as Kuszczak was beaten.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He got the assist for Spanish Dave's goal. It was a lovely flick on.
As for the comment about Dicker from drop dead fred, if it hadn't been for Dicker, Burnley had a certain goal as Kuszczak was beaten.

Orlandi with the flick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports