Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton Academicals top the League

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
AFC 1926 had no titles to carry on to ATFC 1992 though:lolol:

I can remember the long, drawn out saga of their financial woes quite well, as it was a regular feature on BBC local news at the time. Also remember that 19 year old chancer, Spencer Trethewy, coming forward as the saviour of the club.

Until it was discovered he was in fact a complete fraud :facepalm:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I can remember the long, drawn out saga of their financial woes quite well, as it was a regular feature on BBC local news at the time. Also remember that 19 year old chancer, Spencer Trethewy, coming forward as the saviour of the club.

Until it was discovered he was in fact a complete fraud :facepalm:
Whitney Houstons British agent who she'd never heard of:lolol:Spencer goes under the surname Day now and is manager at Farnborough.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whitney Houstons British agent who she'd never heard of:lolol:Spencer goes under the surname Day now and is manager at Farnborough.

I have quite literally just discovered the very same, by googling him. Amazing. What on earth qualifies him to manage a football club? His profile page on their website is great, informing us that "In his playing days, Spencer was a successful midfielder". Oddly, it doesn't make any mention of who these playing days were spent turning out for.

The Tar & Feathers 3rd XI in the North Hampshire District Sunday League, perhaps? Wikipedia suggests he's now a multi-millionaire. Managing Farnborough suggests otherwise.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
In other news. I have never really adopted a Scotch team - but have decided the time is right - and .... (drum roll) ..... it is ..........

Kilmarnock FC. Who play in a proper blue and white shirt. For some reason the badge has two squirrels.

Lucky lot.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
8 consecutive domestic wins now for Celtic, unbelievable form from Ronny Deilas men, and he believes they can still improve, a sobering thought for all of Celtics rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here