• It is great fun for the kids

Votes: 38 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Funnily enough, it was Spielberg who helped promote it over here. Before ET was released, it was hardly 'celebrated' at all. I think it diminishes our unique Bonfire night imo.

Spielberg is to blame !

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
it's based on a massive date in the satanists calendar - in the satanic world it is a night for blood, sex, and sacrifice rituals..

....to dress ones kids up as demons, vampires, and ghouls is an action of an ignorant idiot. "oh but it is fun, my kid likes it" just doesn't really provide an adequate answer.

research the date, then choose what to do.

Same goes for Christmas and Easter then? Ban chocolate eggs, don't give the greedy kids presents at Christmas.

Who are you to criticise parents allowing their kids to have a bit of fun.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Am flying out to New York next week. They go ballistic over halloween

The stores out here have been full of Halloween tat for about the last 6 weeks, mainly stacks of chocolate bars so the little porkers can get even more obese.

If you are in New York for the 31[SUP]st[/SUP] its worth going to see the Halloween Parade which starts in Greenwich Village –always lots of amazing women about and some of the floats are pretty good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've had 'Guising' in Scotland ever since I can remember. It falls at Halloween, all the kids get dressed in fancy dress and go round the neighbours houses doing a party piece like a song or a poem in exchange for sweets or an apple, or at the house of the local alkie, the offer of a swig from his bottle of Buckfast.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The whole thing is an abomination from dressing 9 years olds up as whores, to the kids running riot, to the give me something or I will egg your house. Just DO ONE. I will make sure I am not in my house until after 10 pm.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's ignorant neighbours who have a firework display without warning that winds me up.

Don't get me wrong, I like fireworks, have held a number of displays for Scouts and Guides, but when I do I make sure that everyone in the vicinity know.

I'd just finished boxing the horses when there were loud 'air bangs' from about 3 houses up the road - if I'd still been in one of the boxes I reckon I would have been killed! - as it is I have four very distressed horses and will have to check them when they have calmed down.

With a bit of forewarning I leave them in the paddock so they can run around without harming themselves or anyone else.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
The whole thing is an abomination from dressing 9 years olds up as whores, to the kids running riot, to the give me something or I will egg your house. Just DO ONE. I will make sure I am not in my house until after 10 pm.

10.05 I will be there with my 5 and 3 year old dressed as whores with eggs in hand

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
It's ignorant neighbours who have a firework display without warning that winds me up.

Don't get me wrong, I like fireworks, have held a number of displays for Scouts and Guides, but when I do I make sure that everyone in the vicinity know.

I'd just finished boxing the horses when there were loud 'air bangs' from about 3 houses up the road - if I'd still been in one of the boxes I reckon I would have been killed! - as it is I have four very distressed horses and will have to check them when they have calmed down.

With a bit of forewarning I leave them in the paddock so they can run around without harming themselves or anyone else.

What happens during thunder storms? This bloody clouds are so inconsiderate

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
10.05 I will be there with my 5 and 3 year old dressed as whores with eggs in hand

No disrescpect but last year it looked like a whole load of underage hookers running around.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
No disrescpect but last year it looked like a whole load of underage hookers running around.

I was only joking with you. I know what you mean. As I said I used to hate it but 2 young kids have made me see it slightly different. 10 years time I will hate it again I'm sure

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I am doing one and will go to the cinema.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Uncle S that picture has given me a laughing fit, my 10 year son keeps looking at me and wanting to know what is funny, :bowdown:

I liked it !

Thanks Uncle S that picture has given me a laughing fit, my 10 year son keeps looking at me and wanting to know what is funny, :bowdown:

..Same here, I had a brief chortle, nearly developed into a guffaw.

..May I be the first to observe that it is "Halloween", not "Haloween".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
..Same here, I had a brief chortle, nearly developed into a guffaw.

..May I be the first to observe that it is "Halloween", not "Haloween".

It's All Hallows Eve as Nov 1st is All Saints day. It's just been shortened over time.

79004_Sick-Pumpkins_620.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here