Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Halfway Stage: 19 Games, 21 Points.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Weren't there some people who said at the beginning of the season that we'd beat Derby County's record? They're very quiet at the moment.......................

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Great so far. Well done to Chris and the team. Lots of tough games from March to May so we need to get all the points we can in January and February.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very pleased so far.

Perfect chance now to boost the points significantly in the next 4 games.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm surprised we are still only 5/2 and 3/1 for the drop after that set of results - 4th favourites and teams below us are much more fancied to stay up (e.g. West Ham 6/1).

Just shows how tough it is. Fingers crossed we can keep up these (home) performances and deliver 4 more wins by the end of Feb before tackling the squeaky arsed run in...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Probably because nobody said it

Said by loads on Twitter, not on here afaik.

11pointsderby.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm surprised we are still only 5/2 and 3/1 for the drop after that set of results - 4th favourites and teams below us are much more fancied to stay up (e.g. West Ham 6/1).

Just shows how tough it is. Fingers crossed we can keep up these (home) performances and deliver 4 more wins by the end of Feb before tackling the squeaky arsed run in...
The odds probably reflect the quality and track records of replacement managers that the teams that are - or were - below us. Unlike at the start of the season, we've now got Moyes, Allardyce, Hodgson and Pardew (yes, I know - but nevertheless he's still a good manager) trying to make sure they finish above us. And yes, I do know that CH is good - but so are those guys, and they have a hell of a lot of PL experience between them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably because nobody said it
I'm not going to churn through zillions of posts, but it was said. Probably by Palarse trolls, but it was definitely suggested. Seems a bit pointless saying nobody did.

Edit: ......and I now see that #Green Cross Code Man has found plenty of examples - see two posts above. "Nobody said it" my ****!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's OK but we have had the easier half of season:

P5 against top 6 zero points
P8 at home against rest 14 points;
P6 away to rest 7 points

to play and assuming ppg as above:

P7 against top 6 zero points
P5 at home to rest 11 points;
P7 away to rest 8 points.

So on current form would expect four fewer points in H2. 17 would probably be enough (it would have been for last few seasons) but it is tight. We surely must get something against top 6 - a result on Tuesday would be a huge boost.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wanted 4 solid points from the last 2 games and we got it. Should/could have been 6. Hopefully a win will install some confidence. I've said it several times so sorry but I though Hemed was quality today except for the vital bit sticking the ball in

Well unfortunately, as much as l love Tomer, the main ability of your lone frontman, should be to put the ball in the back of the net!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not going to churn through zillions of posts, but it was said. Probably by Palarse trolls, but it was definitely suggested. Seems a bit pointless saying nobody did.

Edit: ......and I now see that #Green Cross Code Man has found plenty of examples - see two posts above. "Nobody said it" my ****!

You implied it was on this forum. No bother, generalising and having a pop at our own support without a lot of evidence isn't that unusual I guess

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's OK but we have had the easier half of season:

P5 against top 6 zero points
P8 at home against rest 14 points;
P6 away to rest 7 points

to play and assuming ppg as above:

P7 against top 6 zero points
P5 at home to rest 11 points;
P7 away to rest 8 points.

So on current form would expect four fewer points in H2. 17 would probably be enough (it would have been for last few seasons) but it is tight. We surely must get something against top 6 - a result on Tuesday would be a huge boost.

Agree the 2nd half is tougher. We've only got 4 home games against teams outside of current top 8 so we need to making the very best of those. 3 of them come in the next 4 so I think we need to be well above target before we get to March

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Chelsea = 0
Newcastle = 1
Bournemouth =3
West Brom = 1
Chelsea =0
Saints =1
West Ham = 1
Stoke =0
Swansea =1
Arsenal = 0
Everton = 0
Man City = 0
Leicester = 3
Huddersfield = 1
Palace = 1
Spurs = 1
Burnley = 3
Man Utd = 1
Liverpool = 0

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You implied it was on this forum. No bother, generalising and having a pop at our own support without a lot of evidence isn't that unusual I guess

No I didn't. I just said some people said it - and some people did, as has been clearly demonstrated to make your snide comment look silly. I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't seen it somewhere (and I don't do twitter). It was said: fact. The people who said it are pretty quiet now: fact.
Now, stop trying to have a pop at fellow Brighton supporters, eh?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Chelsea = 0
Newcastle = 0
Bournemouth =3
West Brom = 1
Chelsea =0
Saints =0
West Ham = 1
Stoke = 0
Swansea =3
Arsenal = 0
Everton = 0
Man City = 0
Leicester = 3
Huddersfield = 3
Palace = 0
Spurs = 0
Burnley = 1
Man Utd = 0
Liverpool = 0

That is another 15 points = 36 total hypothetically, would that be enough?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The thing I am most proud of is never watching an episode of MOTD where they show how Brighton have 2 solid lines of 4 and are parking the bus. We have played very well and have dominated the game against some very good sides, we need to score more goals and create better chances but we haven't let ourselves down at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here