Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halfway Point Of The Season

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
23 games in - 23 to go

We're in 12th with 31 points. Would you have taken this at the start of the season?
Also, if we repeated this performance in the second half of the season and finished with 62 points, would that be acceptable.
Probably no play offs but well clear of relegation

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think so, I feel that this is our level, It would be nice to go up again but not so nice coming back down!

I am happy with our current position.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There were plenty of doom merchants at the start of the season predicting that we would pass through this division as quickly as shit through a goose, so finishing in mid-table would have to be a fairly decent return, however I am still optimistic that we can finish in the top 10.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yeah; I feel we're still a couple of players short of promotion-material. Another season at this level will be good for the team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I predicted 9th. I think we can still manage that.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
After 23 games in the Play-off season we had 38 points so we have some work to do if we're wanting to make a promotion push.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
'sake, l

must be aiming for the soding playoffs, who gives a shit if we come straight back down again?

i'd give my right bollock to have another stab at the championship.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Pleased so far.Still in two cup competitions and we have produced some decent youthers.We also have a decent manager.Don't reckon we will reach the play offs this year.Lost ten already but should be a good season next year.Hopefully we can get to the paint final

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
algie said:
Pleased so far.Still in two cup competitions and we have produced some decent youthers.We also have a decent manager.Don't reckon we will reach the play offs this year.Lost ten already but should be a good season next year.Hopefully we can get to the paint final

Agreed. Don't think we'll quite get there this year, but if we can keep the current squad and make one or two additions next year I think things are looking good

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
we will do better in the second half of the season. We had the winless run when McGhee went Wilkins came in and can't see that been repeated. Think we will play offs or just off come the end of the season

I would have settled for mid-table, but the team does have potential if everything goes right - ie. no injuries, good management, good transfer window - to do better. We are probably just one or two class players short of a side that can realistically expect to get promoted.

We must go flat out over the next 5 months to do the best we can - while I agree the squad will be older and more battle-worn in 12 months' time, we simply don't know if the league will be tougher next season with freak teams like Leeds in it. You have this feeling that we will get two bites of the cherry with this current squad of players to get promoted, this season and next, and then the more able and ambitious players will look to move on themselves.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think we will just miss out on the play-offs this season, or even just scrape them so i'd be looking to finish 6-10th

Id be pleased with that as some people have already mentioned that this is our level.

I think the current 'kids' in our team could do with another season at this level before they make the step up into Championship football.

Just out of intrest, how many current championship teams have been in the premiership?

I make it 15 out of 24 teams, so thats over half of the division with the attributes to be in the premiership, one step too far for our team at the moment i feel.

(I know that the likes of Barnsley, Sheff Wed, QPR arent exactly 'Prem' clubs)

Last edited:

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
This season so far:

League (Played 23 Games) and Placed 12th in the table.
----------
Won 9 Games
Drawn 4 Games
Lost 10 Games

Cup (Played 7 Games In the League Cup,FA Cup and Johnstones Paint Trophey)
---------
Won 6 games
Drawn 0 games
Lost 1 game

League Cup OUT
JPT Southern Section Semi Finals
FA Cup Third Round

Last edited:

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I work on the basis at the start of every season that we need to have 30 points at Christmas to avoid going down. So far mission accomplished - from now on it is a case of how high up the table we can finish.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Well I thought that we would go up this season at the start so anything less will be a disappointment. Saying that though, if we can keep the squad together totally then I will settle for a non promotion place somewhere in the top 8 as that bodes brilliantly for the future.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I predicted bottom half. The kids have done great and they will be stronger next season (if we keep hold off them). DW has done a great job. It's been far better than I expected and I would have bitten your hand off for 62 points at the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here