Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halfway decent hotels in Brighton

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone any suggestions for hotels in the city, only requirement is that it has parking; I'm not overly fussy otherwise as long as its at least habitable.

Thanks in advance for the rare few sensible suggestions I think this might get :)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Ship meets ALL your requirements

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Preston Resort is OK...Ship gets my vote too.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If you want the ryanair of hotels, I have always used the Travelodge in Preston Road. You don't have to drive through the city to get to it and it's handy for Withdean. There's also a bus stop right outside for a venture into 'town' for the night.

Depending on when you are looking to come there are also some £9 per night offers on their website.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Won't be venturing in to town for much - have a 6 hour drive back to get a 5:15 ferry the next day!

Will give these suggestions a look now, thanks all :thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Won't be venturing in to town for much - have a 6 hour drive back to get a 5:15 ferry the next day!

Will give these suggestions a look now, thanks all :thumbsup:

Long tiring journey for one match, dublin to gatwick via ryanair must be the way?.

Short train ride subsidised a bit by the albion too

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Long tiring journey for one match, dublin to gatwick via ryanair must be the way?.

Short train ride subsidised a bit by the albion too

Doing other stuff - in SCOTLAND - on the Thursday before it... just as well I've got a faster car recently :thud:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Doing other stuff - in SCOTLAND - on the Thursday before it... just as well I've got a faster car recently :thud:

Double eek!! There has to be a ryanair - easyjet - ryanair way round that trip :p

Don't envy you one bit

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Mmm I was going to say don't book the Preston Park what ever you do but as I read to the end of the thread realised I'm too late! I've had the misfortune to stay there twice (couldn't believe it could possibly be as bad as the first time but it was even worse on the second visit).

Last time I stayed it was a couple of years ago now though so it could have new owners (room just verging on ok but service absolutely appalling, 2 hour wait for breakfast, £70 bill for ringing a freefone internet number etc).

Hope you have better luck than me but please let me know if it has improved as it is in the ideal location and has parking so it should tick all the right boxes. I normally stay at the Travelodge on Preston Road (though steep extra charge for parking and can't always get into the car park) or the Holiday Inn on the seafront (car park nearby not too dear for overnight).

Good luck :eek:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mmm I was going to say don't book the Preston Park what ever you do but as I read to the end of the thread realised I'm too late! I've had the misfortune to stay there twice (couldn't believe it could possibly be as bad as the first time but it was even worse on the second visit).

Last time I stayed it was a couple of years ago now though so it could have new owners (room just verging on ok but service absolutely appalling, 2 hour wait for breakfast, £70 bill for ringing a freefone internet number etc).

Hope you have better luck than me but please let me know if it has improved as it is in the ideal location and has parking so it should tick all the right boxes. I normally stay at the Travelodge on Preston Road (though steep extra charge for parking and can't always get into the car park) or the Holiday Inn on the seafront (car park nearby not too dear for overnight).

Good luck :eek:

I've stayed in Northern Ireland's version of Fawlty Towers (even looks like it - http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/image.aspx?ImageID=12721&Width=520&Height=300 ) so as long as its slightly better than Kellys, I'll survive.

I'm also very, very good at bitching to staff if stuff is below standard... and my car has nice comfy bucket seats if the worst comes to the worst - could use the car park for something else :thumbsup:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hotel was OK actually. Was expecting a complete dive; it was just very very very antiquated. Creaky floors, mixer tap shower head, 4 channel TV, no internet. Cost less than any other hotel in the area for that night and that included parking and breakfast.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bouncing this thread as I'm gonna be back over for slightly longer so somewhere a bit posher than the PPH might be an idea...

The Old Ship looks grand but the parking is expensive and could get VERY expensive if I don't just leave the car parked up; Jurys appears to use the station carpark which would definately get expensive if I went in and out.

Any other suggestions that actually have their own free carpark? Its back to Fawlty Towers otherwise!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bouncing this thread as I'm gonna be back over for slightly longer so somewhere a bit posher than the PPH might be an idea...

The Old Ship looks grand but the parking is expensive and could get VERY expensive if I don't just leave the car parked up; Jurys appears to use the station carpark which would definately get expensive if I went in and out.

Any other suggestions that actually have their own free carpark? Its back to Fawlty Towers otherwise!

Free car parking? In Brighton? You're joking, right?

Having said that, if you're up for the Travelodge (not posher of course), there is street parking on the other side of Preston Park.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
the seattle at the marina is pretty nice. use it when i need to stay in town. they've got a floor in the multistory so as long as you park in the right bit, it's free. nice views too!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

I'm surprised at how little that'd actually be if booked now (220 euros for two nights which is cheaper than the aforementioned travelodge would have been last September!). But it hasn't got car parking :p

Will give the travelodge another look now that I know theres on-street as well as Raphael's suggestion there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here