Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half way through the transfer window, how do you rate our work to date?

How do you rate our transfer window work to date

• Great, got rid of dead wood, new signings excite me

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Quietly happy, think the new signings will impress and the sales were good

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Bit concerned, we have a few gaps in key areas of the squad

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Disaster, one striker and an inexperienced loanee up front make us look silly

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
God do you think him leaving is that bad for us! I hadn't realised his importance to us! Why don't you just admit you thought he was crap and frankly it's because of that kind of lack of support we have lost a "championship" standard striker. I mean Leeds and Burnley after him. He must be good at something? I would preferred to him stay. Better the devil you know…..etc

Yes, Leeds and Burnley wanted him but if we really wanted to keep him we would have tried harder to keep him. We obviously thought he was not worth the money he was asking for or the length of contract he demanded. Why? Because we are Prem ready and he never will be. Onwards and upwards with a new striker who can actually score enough goals to get us up. Meanwhile I am sure Ash will enjoy the splinters he will no doubt receive warming Burnley's bench!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have just read back my post and apologise unreservedly to all for my poor grammar.

I'm more concerned with your unjustified exhorted view of a certain Mr Barnes TBH!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Jury out on Obika as yet, looks to have a yard of pace and a bit of strength about him but barely touched it in his cameo against Brum so no idea on him yet. Barker/Goodwin/Monakana are all DS ins & outs really, which I know less about, so I trust the club's judgement. Disappointed by Barnes going but I can understand why (both from his perspective and ours). If we use the inevitable bridcutt money on a striker, a winger & a combative loan central midfielder to cover Crofts' injury, I'll consider it job well done. IMO the attacking midfield role is ably stocked by Kemy, Orlandi & Lopez so that's all we need until the summer.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
God do you think him leaving is that bad for us! I hadn't realised his importance to us! Why don't you just admit you thought he was crap and frankly it's because of that kind of lack of support we have lost a "championship" standard striker. I mean Leeds and Burnley after him. He must be good at something? I would preferred to him stay. Better the devil you know…..etc

He's gone, move on.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here