Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Half way home...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Half way..
3 points off the top with a severely depleted squad...
Some first team players to come back and be like new signings...
Uncle Tony going to splash the cash....
Remember Boro were beaten 3-0 by Hull. We drew away at Derby with only half a team....
Im up for the fight and Im sure the team are too.

Another to notch positive post, nice.

Right I'm off to the pub... Berwick for me this night, and they call it grim up north! Ha you mothers'

Kosh... Off to the sauce...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the 5 games which they lost including to us.

Funny how they are now above us with a much bigger goal difference then. How the hell did that happen?

Oh and they thrashed Boro 3-0 which might go some way to explaining why they are above us?

The last time you sarcastically quoted a post of mine querying our staying power, we were either top of the table or second. Where are we now?

Not sure that doubting we can stay the course at the top is reason to be berated.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Going from relegation candidates to automatic promotion challengers was always going to be a big ask. But this shouldn't be used as an excuse so we lower our expectations after such a great first half of the season. It is convenient to blame injuries and admit that the general consensus that we would fade away could be right but self belief is a crucial element in any promotion campaign.

#keepthefaith, #believe, #selfdelusion?, #keepdrinking! :albion2:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Dread to think of what SQUAD CH can put out against Ipswich and more importantly Wolves if man Utd recall Wilson and Van not available on the 1st. We might just get to see harper in the squad. Great to see him. But very very worrying times ahead in what is arguably an easy month in terms of fixtures. I would stop training now for a few weeks and try and keep everyone left standing injury free!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
4th. 3 points off the top, 24 points better and 19 places better off than this time last season. With 2 home games coming up.
Half full eh Icy.

Way way better than any of us could have predicted but aren't you just a little disappointed that we aren't still contesting 1st and 2nd or do you feel confident that we will be again after these two home games? I readily admit to being a half empty man and will not be surprised if we continue to draw rather than win.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the quality of incoming players in January, let's hope we are not too out of touch with the top two by then.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It's strange really after the past 4 months I feel a bit disappointed however when you step back and look at the bigger picture you have to be a bit mad to not be happy with the first half. As others have said the squad have had the heart and lungs ripped out with injuries and did well covering initially but it is now having an impact.
I hope we don't drop because it will give a false view of the superb effort so far ( and I think we will be fine). January will be key to this season but I am still optimistic. Onward and upward.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Way way better than any of us could have predicted but aren't you just a little disappointed that we aren't still contesting 1st and 2nd or do you feel confident that we will be again after these two home games? I readily admit to being a half empty man and will not be surprised if we continue to draw rather than win.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the quality of incoming players in January, let's hope we are not too out of touch with the top two by then.

We are still well in the mix for top 2. Will be pleased to reach January 2nd so we have that week or so with the fa cup game to freshen things up with new faces, bit of time for them to settle before the next league game.
Early transfer business is crucial

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'm glass half full by nature, but I won't deny being dissapointed with the way things have gone since early December. This is not anyone's fault or due to any lack of effort; we've just be bloody unlucky with injuries. How many teams are missing 7 first choice players?!!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Think the aim has to be third or fourth place, can't see beyond Derby and Middlesbrough.

Yep; exactly as I see it.

'Boro and Derby are not only above us in the league, they're also the best two teams I've seen us play this season.

In order to finish higher than either of them we have to buy well (LB and striker at least) in the window; resolve at least some of our current injury list swiftly; keep Kayal, Stephens, Bruno and Stockdale fit; and convert more draws into wins than we have done so far (cos we're bound to lose more than one game in the second half).

Not impossible; just unlikely, imo.

I see little difference between 3rd and 6th, tbh. I think that's where we'll finish and that'll be a fabulous result, considering where we were last season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Away draws against Derby, QPR and Brentford aren't to be sniffed at.
Obviously we'll start to drift further from top if we lose/draw against Ipswich/Wolves but if we win 'em and they're winnable then we'll be right back in it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just don't understand the negative Nery's on this thread, what did you expect from a battle scared, comparatively small, cheap, squad that has run out of petrol half a mile before the filling station

This season the TEAM has played easily the very best AMEX era football, all on the back of last seasons horror show.
Sure Withdean had bullying passion plus the deft skill of Bobby, plus Gus' must win the division season.

Then what?
How far back in time do we have to travel to see proper football, 1991?

We are finally given, at huge expense, exactly what we've wanted, craved, and for many, fought for and guess what it's still not good enough.
Suddenly Hemed isn't good enough.
Calde isn't good enough.
Manu never plays.
Manu plays.
Murphy paid off his Performance of the Month, award.
Should have sold Dunk as he's not good enough.
Van La Parra isn't good enough.

All I want for Christmas is an £8m striker...

...because I've never boo'ed so much money before.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I just don't understand the negative Nery's on this thread, what did you expect from a battle scared, comparatively small, cheap, squad that has run out of petrol half a mile before the filling station

This season the TEAM has played easily the very best AMEX era football, all on the back of last seasons horror show.
Sure Withdean had bullying passion plus the deft skill of Bobby, plus Gus' must win the division season.

Then what?
How far back in time do we have to travel to see proper football, 1991?

We are finally given, at huge expense, exactly what we've wanted, craved, and for many, fought for and guess what it's still not good enough.
Suddenly Hemed isn't good enough.
Calde isn't good enough.
Manu never plays.
Manu plays.
Murphy paid off his Performance of the Month, award.
Should have sold Dunk as he's not good enough.
Van La Parra isn't good enough.

All I want for Christmas is an £8m striker...

...because I've never boo'ed so much money before.

Can't argue but I can't help feeling a little disappointed with recent results ( unreasonably, I totally accept!)

We do seem to be playing in form teams every week, which is also a little irritating too!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The trick for us in the next few games will be finding a way to win, despite the absentees and players whose form has dipped a bit. I think we'll see the strong characters in the team step up to the plate and show their worth: Stockdale and Bruno certainly have been. Have a feeling Kayal and Stephens will be amongst our goalscorers in the next few. Can't wait to get Kaz and Baldock back.

theboybilly

Funny how they are now above us with a much bigger goal difference then. How the hell did that happen?

Oh and they thrashed Boro 3-0 which might go some way to explaining why they are above us?

The last time you sarcastically quoted a post of mine querying our staying power, we were either top of the table or second. Where are we now?

Not sure that doubting we can stay the course at the top is reason to be berated.

Plenty of Hull fans in the 'Bruce Out' camp, so it's not all hunky-dory up at the KC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here